SUGGESTIONS FOR DDSCB2023

Re: SUGGESTIONS FOR DDSCB2023

Postby PointGuard » Wed May 25, 2022 1:08 am

Hood & Doft: all added.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby SirMichaelJordan » Wed May 25, 2022 3:04 pm

Another cool feature would be the ability for a user as well as an AI coach to bring along their coaching staff when joining a new school. Also, the ability to bring over a recruit who verbally committed to you would be a nice touch as well. Additionally, former players transferring away from your previous school as a result of you leaving would all be welcomed additions to the game.
SirMichaelJordan

Postby PointGuard » Wed May 25, 2022 6:51 pm

Added
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby SirMichaelJordan » Thu May 26, 2022 10:56 am

Please update the editor so it is easier to create coaches and players and add historical content like stats.

I would love to create historical files and maybe even modern-day ones if the editor was easy to use. Perhaps even add a feature to import a recruiting class file, so if there were a historical mod, there would be a recruiting file along with it to try to recruit some of the most known players for your school. Imagine trying to recruit Kobe or LeBron for college instead of losing them to the NBA!
SirMichaelJordan

Postby PointGuard » Thu May 26, 2022 1:13 pm

Added
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Jomosensual » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:51 pm

Just downloaded the demo a few days ago, been screwing around with it a bit and about to completely jump into an association mode.

The one big thing I see that's missing is the ability to do full realignment stuff. It looks like(maybe I just haven't seen it) I can't add teams into the database without deleting someone else. It also seems like it's not possible do realign conferences without swapping teams as opposed to adding or subtracting them like you can in NCAA Football 14. Being able to do that both during a save or in the database would be fantastic additions.

My dream save to do would be to play as a a recent D2/D3 addition and build the program up through D1 and move up conferences and the likes. Taking my local D3 school and getting them all the way up to a high level conference.

Also, the ability to edit conference tournament formats and conference settings in general would be amazing.
Jomosensual

Postby PointGuard » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:42 pm

You can do massive realignment be exporting the data base and making the changes using within SQLite and then reimporting.

Re Div. 2 and 3. Kind of tough to do that accurately within DDSCB (and probably not many people who would be interested) since teams in Div. 2 can only have 10 scholarship players (rather than the 13 in Div. 1) and no scholarships for Div. 3 (although students may get some type of financial assistance).

Actually a few years ago a modder developed a Div. 2/3 mod so it definitely is do-able. Of course, that mod no longer works with the changes and upgrades that have been made with subsequent versions of DDSCB.

But if you want go play as a Div. 2 team, then use the Promotion/Relegation option and there will be 5 independent teams. Take one team and change the name to the college you want, then release 3 scholarship players to alter the roster to 10 scholarship players and 5 walkons and limit yourself to NEVER having more than 10 scholarship players....if your team has the best record of the 5 independent teams it will be promoted to the lowest Div 1 conference...then you can revert to having 13 scholarship players since your team has been promoted to Div. 1.

After you purchase the game, try these (and other options) out.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Jomosensual » Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:34 pm

PointGuard wrote:You can do massive realignment be exporting the data base and making the changes using within SQLite and then reimporting.

Re Div. 2 and 3. Kind of tough to do that accurately within DDSCB (and probably not many people who would be interested) since teams in Div. 2 can only have 10 scholarship players (rather than the 13 in Div. 1) and no scholarships for Div. 3 (although students may get some type of financial assistance).

Actually a few years ago a modder developed a Div. 2/3 mod so it definitely is do-able. Of course, that mod no longer works with the changes and upgrades that have been made with subsequent versions of DDSCB.

But if you want go play as a Div. 2 team, then use the Promotion/Relegation option and there will be 5 independent teams. Take one team and change the name to the college you want, then release 3 scholarship players to alter the roster to 10 scholarship players and 5 walkons and limit yourself to NEVER having more than 10 scholarship players....if your team has the best record of the 5 independent teams it will be promoted to the lowest Div 1 conference...then you can revert to having 13 scholarship players since your team has been promoted to Div. 1.

After you purchase the game, try these (and other options) out.

Oh nice, that's interesting. I didn't see anything about a promotion/relegation system, that will be a mode I need to try once I buy the full version.

I'll have to look into messing around with the SQLite as well. How complicated is it to move things around with that kind of stuff? That seems like a good fix for my realignment stuff. Can that be used to change conferences around in the middle of a save or add teams on in the middle of one? If so then that'll work well.
Jomosensual

Postby Jomosensual » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:00 pm

Another one I thought of is the return of Bracket Busters. I loved those and I'm sure a lot of other people did as well, no idea why they stopped doing them IRL
Jomosensual

Postby PointGuard » Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:01 am

Added
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion