SUGGESTIONS FOR DDSCB2023

Re: SUGGESTIONS FOR DDSCB2023

Postby PointGuard » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:01 pm

Oh, we all take blind LEAPs at times. :D
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby adamj95 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:45 am

Is it possible to make a certain conference unable to add teams in or out? It really takes away from the game to see a Non Ivy League school being added to the Ivy League or an Ivy League school going to a new conference. Not sure if that’s worded exactly how I’d like it to be but for the Ivy League schools having to recruit high academic players and a school being added to their conference and being able to recruit much easier is a huge advantage I’d like to see closed off.
adamj95

Postby PointGuard » Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:13 pm

Interesting...something I've never given thought to. Maybe there could be an option to LOCK specific conferences so there would be no transfers in or out of those conferences. Anyway, I've added your suggestion.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby jlemmen43 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:37 pm

Any idea on the alignment changes for 2023 game? Looks like the total teams are jumping to 363 (adding Texas A&M Commerce, Lindenwood, Stonehill, Queens and Southern Indiana. Hartford is supposed to transition to D3 eventually and will technically join Chicago State as the only independents for the 22-23 season. Chicago State was an independent last year but in our awesome game, they were part of their previous conference. I'm wondering if both Hartford and Chicago State will be put into their old conferences for ease of setup or if a 33rd conference (independents) will be created? Personally I'd prefer the 32 conferences.
jlemmen43

Postby rmoons24 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:36 pm

A QoL adjustment that goes for all DDS games, add achievements please.
rmoons24

Postby KeVbK » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:51 pm

I'm not sure if it has been noted previously, but I do hope that early declarations for the draft are reevaluated in the next version of the game. I went through and compared the most recent declarations in the CBGM online save with the latest NBA draft and the contrast is pretty significant.

CBGM 2029
    24 players declared
    0/24 players were ranked outside of the top 30 recruits in their class
    8/24 were low contribution players, averaging <20 minutes/game.

NBA Draft 2022
    40 underclassmen drafted
    19/40 were ranked outside of the top 30, including two top 5 picks in Jaden Ivey (89) and Keegan Murray (334), and a guy like Jake LaRavia, who was unranked going into college.
    3/40 players played <20 minutes/game in their last year in college.

It feels like recruiting rank is the primary, if not the only factor in a player declaring early. I dont think i've ever seen a recruit ranked outside of the top 40 in his class declare early for the draft. I know there is a slider to increase the number of players declaring early, but that slider doesn't seem to allow for the type of variance we see in real life.
KeVbK

Postby PointGuard » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:13 am

rmoons24 wrote:A QoL adjustment that goes for all DDS games, add achievements please.

Need further explanation of what you want.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby rmoons24 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:30 am

PointGuard wrote:
rmoons24 wrote:A QoL adjustment that goes for all DDS games, add achievements please.

Look at OOTP, FM, TEW/WMMA, he'll really any game out today. They all have achievements to earn/unlock and track. Its a QoL thing, but for people like me it adds a good bit because it gives me goals to work towards and see what I have/haven't achieved.

Example of possible achievement:
- Win the NCAA Tournament
- Get invited to a more prestigious conference
- 200 career wins
- Have a player score 40 points in a game
etc.
rmoons24

Postby PointGuard » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:30 pm

rmoons24 wrote:
PointGuard wrote:

Look at OOTP, FM, TEW/WMMA, he'll really any game out today. They all have achievements to earn/unlock and track. Its a QoL thing, but for people like me it adds a good bit because it gives me goals to work towards and see what I have/haven't achieved.

Example of possible achievement:
- Win the NCAA Tournament
- Get invited to a more prestigious conference
- 200 career wins
- Have a player score 40 points in a game
etc.

LOL...okok, I get it. I'm just so totally not into that, that it does nothing for me since I don't play the game for those kind of goals (but Wayne23 has said so many times that I wear a "hair shirt")

BUT...I can understand how what you say can be the case for some who play this game.

Anyway, thanks for cluing me into a different perception of game play. I've added your suggestion (with your explanation).
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby PointGuard » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:37 pm

jlemmen43 wrote:Any idea on the alignment changes for 2023 game? Looks like the total teams are jumping to 363 (adding Texas A&M Commerce, Lindenwood, Stonehill, Queens and Southern Indiana. Hartford is supposed to transition to D3 eventually and will technically join Chicago State as the only independents for the 22-23 season. Chicago State was an independent last year but in our awesome game, they were part of their previous conference. I'm wondering if both Hartford and Chicago State will be put into their old conferences for ease of setup or if a 33rd conference (independents) will be created? Personally I'd prefer the 32 conferences.

Added.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion