SUGGESTIONS FOR DDSCB2023

Re: SUGGESTIONS FOR DDSCB2023

Postby Wayne23 » Thu May 05, 2022 3:56 pm

I like the idea of conference only stats, and the stuff about coach hiring, too.

As to your two observations, #1: Yes. Particularly too many #15 and #16 teams winning. #2: This has gotten better over the years, but I cut my walk-ons so I can't speak of their improving over time.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby jfsolo23 » Fri May 06, 2022 9:40 am

ECHood wrote:- More postseason awards such as a third team all-conference, an all-defensive team of 5, an all-freshman team of 5, a most improved player perhaps, or scholar athlete of the year

- Postseason all-conference awards should be based on Conference-only regular season stats (like real life); relatedly - all-conference awards should come out before the week of conference tournaments

- Which leads to a request for conference-only regular season stats as a view option on a player's stat page

- Player stat view options should be Overall (including postseason), Conference only (just regular season conference games), and Postseason only (though this last one doesn't do much for me, honestly)

- Would love to see more small-school NBA draft picks, as well as International players who aren't players in the college game listed as drafted.

- If your team wins their conference tournament, you receive your congratulations email on earning a bid to the tournament the next day, instead of after the Selection Show.

- More AI factors in offseason coach hiring - former assistants, former players, getting hired by their former schools; more of an emphasis on regional hires (top assistant at a Big East school gets an America East head job, etc)

- I know this is probably impossible to do, but have the recruit classes break down by state/region in the same way they tend to do in real life - number of recruits from New York and New Jersey much higher than Maine and Vermont, for example.

A couple of other things that aren't requests per se, just observations that could just be me:
1) I know college hoops is all about the upsets, but there seem to be way too many postseason conference tournament upsets - the 1 seed goes out to the 8 or 9 over half the time in my sims it seems. The same goes for 16 & 15 seed NCAA tourney upsets as well... might need to be tuned down some as it's so rare, but happens in this game pretty regularly.

2) As the years go on in a sim I've noticed walk-ons gaining stars to the point where teams have walk-ons with 3 and 4 stars out of 5 who are starting, even for high major schools. Walk-ons should almost always be 1 or a 1/2 star, and rarely if ever better than a scholarship recruit.

Love the game and thanks to everyone involved in making it; hope I'm not too annoying.

I've been thinking about adding your suggestion about the draft for the last week, G-league players need to be add too.

Your observations are on point too. This is me guessing but their seems to be some degree of rating equalization in conference and post season tournaments to produce more "March Madness" moments, but I think that it's somewhat overpowered.

Also with the walk-on thing, This has been an issue since I've been playing this series. The higher your prestige the higher the quality of walk-on you get, to the point where many teams(not just the User's) have walk-ons who will win player of the year in a power 5 conference a decent amount of times. I've(and many others) have lobbied for this to be changed but it always stays in.
jfsolo23

Postby PointGuard » Sat May 07, 2022 9:50 pm

Added everything for the 2023 DDSCB Suggestion List (except suggest for international (non-college) players and G-League players being drafted since that isn't part of the DDSCB but rather DDSPB....you might want to put those suggestions in the DDSPB forum.)
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby hansmellman » Sun May 08, 2022 4:18 am

I'd love it if it were possible to view success rates for particular offensive sets you're running. I'm not sure if the game tracks that under the hood but much like the lineup tracking etc it would be a cool way to distil down just how you can better dial in on your strengths and weaknesses as a program to enhance your chance of winning (particularly at a small school where you're getting more 4 year players).
hansmellman

Postby PointGuard » Sun May 08, 2022 1:10 pm

Added.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby ECHood » Mon May 09, 2022 9:53 am

jfsolo23 wrote:
Your observations are on point too. This is me guessing but their seems to be some degree of rating equalization in conference and post season tournaments to produce more "March Madness" moments, but I think that it's somewhat overpowered.

Just ran a postseason with the following conference tournament upsets:

America East - #9 NJIT beats #1 Hartford
Atlantic Sun - #9 Bellarmine beats #1 Eastern Kentucky
Big East - #9 Marquette beats #1 St. John's
Big Sky - #9 Eastern Washington beats #1 Portland State
Horizon - #8 Wright State beats #1 Cleveland State
MAAC - #9 Niagara beats #1 Quinnipiac
MAC - #9 Eastern Michigan beats #1 Buffalo
Summit - #8 North Dakota beats #1 Oral Roberts
SEC - #9 Tennessee beats #1 Auburn
Southern - #8 VMI beats #1 Chattanooga
SWAC - #8 Jackson State beats #1 Southern
WAC - #9 Utah Valley beats #1 Cal Baptist

In both the Southland and Ivy, the #1 lost their first game played to the #4 seed. This is all in ONE season. And I had noticed this happening in previous years before getting to these results.

This is an epidemic of 1 seeds losing to what mostly should be pretty bad teams. I get it's an imperfect scientific experiment to just list results, especially when injuries can play a factor in seeding and strength of a team, but it does seem awfully high to me. Not sure what can be done about it, but I find it interesting.
ECHood

Postby Wayne23 » Mon May 09, 2022 11:27 am

Yikes! Clearly needs an adjustment.
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Mon May 09, 2022 6:43 pm

This really should be reported to Gary via a Support Ticket with your game files so he can check it out for CB2022.

I'm not at a point in any of my associations to be able to see if this is replicated. But I did look back at my records for my associations and am not noticing the same pattern at all. How about you, Wayne? Have you seen this occurring in your associations?

Question for ECHood: Was this using the College Mod? if so, which option of the mod? Have you made any modifications/changes to the data base yourself?
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Mon May 09, 2022 11:06 pm

Coaches Classic Final: #1 vs. #2
Preseason NIT Final: #1 vs. #2
Hawaiian Shootout: #5 vs. #2 (#1 beaten by #5)
WS Midwest: #1 vs. #7 (#2 beaten by #7)
Alaskan Classic: #1 vs. #2
Sunshine Shootout: #1 vs. #3
Las Vegas Jam: #1 vs. #6 (#2 beaten by #6)
JAG Holiday: #1 vs. #2
Tip Off: #1 vs. #2
Of the Others, Fallen Hero was #3 vs. #4, Hoops for Troops #1 vs. #7. All the others were #1 vs. either #2 or #3.

My other association final games:
5 vs. 2, 1 vs. 2, 5 vs. 2, 1 vs. 2, 1 vs. 3, 1 vs. 3, 4 vs. 3, 5 vs. 3, 5 vs. 2, 5 vs. 6, 1 vs. 3, 4 vs. 3, 1 vs. 3, 1 vs. 3.
Wayne23

Postby ECHood » Tue May 10, 2022 8:31 am

PointGuard wrote:This really should be reported to Gary via a Support Ticket with your game files so he can check it out for CB2022.

I'm not at a point in any of my associations to be able to see if this is replicated. But I did look back at my records for my associations and am not noticing the same pattern at all. How about you, Wayne? Have you seen this occurring in your associations?

Question for ECHood: Was this using the College Mod? if so, which option of the mod? Have you made any modifications/changes to the data base yourself?

Yes, I am using the College Mod (I chose 04 of the four), and no, I have not made any database changes myself. I can create a support ticket if you think that something wonky is going on. I didn't notice the results of the early season tournaments in regards to the upsets - in a recruiting phase in the next season now so I can't check.
ECHood

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion