SUGGESTIONS FOR DDSCB2023

Re: SUGGESTIONS FOR DDSCB2023

Postby ezcar » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:28 pm

When playing out a game. During a timeout have assistant coaches recommend certain sets. Suggestions to double team or put a specific player into the game. etc.
ezcar

Postby Billdozer » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:22 pm

PointGuard wrote:Phew: finally caught up on all this and added everything.

BTW for Billdozer: in the Transfer Portal you can already sort by stats (or by skill levels or whatever) by clicking on the desired column's header.

I think you are talking about the skill ratings. I mean, can you sort by fg%, 3pt% ft% ect from the main transfer screen.
Billdozer

Postby jcomey » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:33 pm

1. Inbounds plays (and being able to call them in-game). This is primarily for under-the-basket, but there could be some sideline plays as well and plays against a press as well.

2. Media interactivity. This is more of a push for more immersion by utilizing the personality engines. I look at the FM model of pre- and post-game news conferences, and how players and coaches (both in your program and on opposing teams) react. Think about needing to mend fences with your point guard, because you gave your big man most of the credit after a big road win...or heating up a rivalry with another program because the opposing head coach criticized you. With the game built on roster cohesion and having to run a full program, this would be a natural progression towards those ends.

3. Preferred walk-ons. These could be players you scout in-state or region who aren't that high, but could end up being a diamond in the rough. You could even have tryouts before the season begins, and choose from 10-12 guys to add to your roster. This would offer serious intrigue, no matter the level of school you are coaching at (though I think it could actually really take off for small schools).
jcomey

Postby SirMichaelJordan » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:39 pm

In this modern age, I think it would benefit the game to be able to see every players attribute to a certain extent. Definitely not at the level you get when you scout a team before a game but maybe at the level where you get a vague rating of recruits with its letter grades. This could also help with the transfer pool. To be more realistic, maybe just for teams are in the top 25 or high prestige teams since their players are more known around the country.
SirMichaelJordan

Postby PointGuard » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:05 pm

Billdozer wrote:
PointGuard wrote:Phew: finally caught up on all this and added everything.

BTW for Billdozer: in the Transfer Portal you can already sort by stats (or by skill levels or whatever) by clicking on the desired column's header.

I think you are talking about the skill ratings. I mean, can you sort by fg%, 3pt% ft% ect from the main transfer screen.

No. ppg, rpg, apg, etc are sortable, but not detailed stats like shooting %'s. Can only see those by going to the individual's player card.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby SirMichaelJordan » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:16 pm

Would love to see more notes and tags on recruits specifically HS All American tag for the best top 25 HS players with also the highest GPA.

And Mr Basketball which is the best HS player in each state.
Last edited by SirMichaelJordan on Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SirMichaelJordan

Postby PointGuard » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:17 pm

all's been added to the list.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby ECHood » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:15 pm

grahoben wrote:
2. Being able to use the tournament maker in an association (i.e. being able to manually edit the field for the postseason tournaments)

To me, this is the ultimate step that will make this game unimpeachable... a marriage of Tournament Maker into the current season you are playing. To me, the greatest part of being a college basketball fan is the bracketology, Selection Sunday, and analyzing the brackets. It would be incredible to build the NCAA, NIT, CBI and CIT tournaments ourselves each season. We'd just need the Tournament Maker and access to research while putting it together. Each season I create these tournaments in an excel file and build out Tournament Maker tourneys the way I'd imagine them running, with teams from the same conference separated. It's a labor of love. Then there's always a twinge of disappointment when I head back into the actual game and my 6 seed is playing an 11 seed from my conference who I just played a few days earlier in the league tournament.

In a smaller related request, I'd love for the Bubble Watch to stay live after all games have been played on Selection Sunday (with records and tournament champions and NET ratings all updated).
ECHood

Postby PointGuard » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:39 pm

Added.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby grahoben » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:41 pm

ECHood wrote:
grahoben wrote:
2. Being able to use the tournament maker in an association (i.e. being able to manually edit the field for the postseason tournaments)

To me, this is the ultimate step that will make this game unimpeachable... a marriage of Tournament Maker into the current season you are playing. To me, the greatest part of being a college basketball fan is the bracketology, Selection Sunday, and analyzing the brackets. It would be incredible to build the NCAA, NIT, CBI and CIT tournaments ourselves each season. We'd just need the Tournament Maker and access to research while putting it together. Each season I create these tournaments in an excel file and build out Tournament Maker tourneys the way I'd imagine them running, with teams from the same conference separated. It's a labor of love. Then there's always a twinge of disappointment when I head back into the actual game and my 6 seed is playing an 11 seed from my conference who I just played a few days earlier in the league tournament.

In a smaller related request, I'd love for the Bubble Watch to stay live after all games have been played on Selection Sunday (with records and tournament champions and NET ratings all updated).

Glad I'm not the only person who does this!
grahoben

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion