What is happening

What is happening

Postby jolo240 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:57 am

My top recruit PG (4Star) came with 2* Rating and 4.5* Potential.

After transfer period, in the same season, he sunk to 1* Rating and 2* Potential.

Can anyone explain the reason this is happening? It sucks that their ratings come and go so quickly.
jolo240

Re: What is happening

Postby Wayne23 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:59 am

A lot of this depends on what school you are coaching, as well as your head coach Overall and Recruiting ratings, and your recruiting assistant's overall and recruiting ratings. The higher your Team Prestige, and coaches' ratings, the more accurate the info is. The lower all of that is the more likely you'll see the kind of thing you saw.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Billdozer » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:59 pm

jolo240 wrote:My top recruit PG (4Star) came with 2* Rating and 4.5* Potential.

After transfer period, in the same season, he sunk to 1* Rating and 2* Potential.

Can anyone explain the reason this is happening? It sucks that their ratings come and go so quickly.

A question and a few comments.

How did he do at the summer camps? If he performed badly at camps his current ability is low.

If he was a 4 star his potential is good. During recruiting your recruiter does the scouting. Starting on June 25th your scouting assistant rating of the current players on your roster kicks in. The time to pay attention to ratings is on June 25th each year. Players improve throughout the year which usually shows up in improved stats. If your scout is bad he could be underrating the PG. Also, a scouts rating of a player might be more accurate next year.
Billdozer

Postby jolo240 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:07 pm

Wayne23 wrote:A lot of this depends on what school you are coaching, as well as your head coach Overall and Recruiting ratings, and your recruiting assistant's overall and recruiting ratings. The higher your Team Prestige, and coaches' ratings, the more accurate the info is. The lower all of that is the more likely you'll see the kind of thing you saw.

I'm in Hawaii, My Head Coach's Overall and Recruiting Rating is 100. My recruiting assistant's recruiting rating is 62. My team prestige is 18.

Billdozer wrote:
A question and a few comments.

How did he do at the summer camps? If he performed badly at camps his current ability is low.

If he was a 4 star his potential is good. During recruiting your recruiter does the scouting. Starting on June 25th your scouting assistant rating of the current players on your roster kicks in. The time to pay attention to ratings is on June 25th each year. Players improve throughout the year which usually shows up in improved stats. If your scout is bad he could be underrating the PG. Also, a scouts rating of a player might be more accurate next year.

He's an international recruit (so no camps.)

My scouting assistant's rating is 48. Maybe that's why my recruit's being underrated. Thank you for the clarification. I'll try to get better scouts (luckily, Hawaii has a huge budget for a low-prestige school)
jolo240

Postby Billdozer » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:31 pm

An international, that makes sense. His potential is much higher than 2 stars for sure. He might be around a one star currently. I think The top 5 international players are usually good right away but most internationals need a lot of development. You're welcome.

A 48 rated scout is pretty good for a school like Hawaii.
Billdozer

Postby jfsolo23 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:40 pm

Besides what has been mentioned I will add that it's pointless to look the ratings or stars of your players until the new recruiting period starts on in June. The ratings shown in May are quite often way off especially for Frosh or Soph.
jfsolo23

Postby jolo240 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:08 am

Billdozer wrote:An international, that makes sense. His potential is much higher than 2 stars for sure. He might be around a one star currently. I think The top 5 international players are usually good right away but most internationals need a lot of development. You're welcome.

A 48 rated scout is pretty good for a school like Hawaii.

Yes, maybe he needs more development in that case. Anyway, he just transferred out the next season so now my frustration just looks stupid lmao.

Yeah, they have a huge budget. I'm presently at $240k, gonna pump those numbers up to get to the level of blue bloods.

jfsolo23 wrote:Besides what has been mentioned I will add that it's pointless to look the ratings or stars of your players until the new recruiting period starts on in June. The ratings shown in May are quite often way off especially for Frosh or Soph.

Yeah, I noticed that pattern just now. I won't overreact from a recruit's rating on May from now on lol
jolo240

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion