Positional Attributes

Re: Positional Attributes

Postby jfsolo23 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:35 pm

I had a team start a 6' 2" point guard at Center against me despite having true bigs to use(they obviously weren't as good as the PG) and seeing him get 16 boards against me from the Center spot did make me feel as if height may not play as much of factor as it should in this game.
jfsolo23

Postby zekeroberts » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:54 pm

jfsolo23 wrote:I had a team start a 6' 2" point guard at Center against me despite having true bigs to use(they obviously weren't as good as the PG) and seeing him get 16 boards against me from the Center spot did make me feel as if height may not play as much of factor as it should in this game.

just returned to this game this weekend... was wondering about this issue in terms of playing players out of position in general... in the other way, if i had an undersized C who was a decent ball-handler and passer, could i play him at SF
zekeroberts

Postby PointGuard » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:13 pm

[quote="zekeroberts"just returned to this game this weekend... was wondering about this issue in terms of playing players out of position in general... in the other way, if i had an undersized C who was a decent ball-handler and passer, could i play him at SF[/quote]

Sure...should work. Has he shown that he can hit some outside shots?

On one of my teams I have a guy who's listed as a C and has played well at both C and PF. He shoots (and hits) a pretty good amount of 3's, so I think he could have been effective at SF..but I never tried him there and now he's about to graduate so we'll never know.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Wayne23 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:01 pm

I often play a PF or an SG at SF, a PG at SG and vice versa... Usually works out okay.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion