Question

Question

Postby Creon » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:47 pm

New player here. I was just wondering, if I wanted to end up as head coach of UCLA for example, and I get offered the 1st assistant job, is it better to hold off for a head coaching job or take the assistant spot (is it possible to get promoted from assistant to head coach)
Creon

Re: Question

Postby Wayne23 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:31 pm

Taking the assistant's job won't help at all. If you have UCLA listed as your preferred destination job it will be offered to you at some point depending on things like your ratings, experience, success... of course there has to be a vacancy.
Last edited by Wayne23 on Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Question

Postby PointGuard » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:33 pm

I would wait for the head coaching job to become available. I don't think being the 1st asst job gives you any leg up if and when the head coaching job becomes available. The main thing is to be sure your reputation and are high (or better yet very high) for academics in your coaching philosophies so that UCLA will even consider you when the head coaching job opens.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion