Turnovers

Turnovers

Postby jazzlover04 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:36 pm

Besides getting better ballhandling and passing players, what can I do to lessen my turnovers? some games i have up to 30 and many times its in the 20s. Does pace have anything to do with it? Thanks
jazzlover04

Re: Turnovers

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:40 am

Speed up the pace of your offense. I put mine at about 7.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby jazzlover04 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:45 am

thanks
jazzlover04

Postby PointGuard » Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:43 pm

Also, if you've not been coaching long at a specific college or have a lot of new players on your team, your team may still be very inexperienced running your sets. So make sure you're practices are set up to maximize time on the sets you're employing. It can take some time...weeks of practicing and using the sets in games before players get to a proficiency level with your sets to begin reducing the number of turnovers. An experienced team is likely to average from the low to middle teens in turnovers/game. For example, the team I'm coaching now is averaging 12.2 topg and sometimes have 5-6 turnovers and other times 18-20 turnovers but typically 10-15.

If turnovers continue to be an issue, then in the future when recruiting and going after transfer players, avoid those players with low skill levels for ball handling and passing.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby jazzlover04 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:24 pm

PointGuard wrote:Also, if you've not been coaching long at a specific college or have a lot of new players on your team, your team may still be very inexperienced running your sets. So make sure you're practices are set up to maximize time on the sets you're employing. It can take some time...weeks of practicing and using the sets in games before players get to a proficiency level with your sets to begin reducing the number of turnovers. An experienced team is likely to average from the low to middle teens in turnovers/game. For example, the team I'm coaching now is averaging 12.2 topg and sometimes have 5-6 turnovers and other times 18-20 turnovers but typically 10-15.

If turnovers continue to be an issue, then in the future when recruiting and going after transfer players, avoid those players with low skill levels for ball handling and passing.

Thanks, the lack of experience may be the biggest issue, especially with the backups. Much appreciated!
jazzlover04

Postby NCAAhoops » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:52 am

Also make sure you have the latest version of the game 10.2 as one of the early versions had an issue with high turnovers and was updated to help make more realistic.
NCAAhoops

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion