DDSCB22 Job Hiring

DDSCB22 Job Hiring

Postby Echet24 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:40 pm

What goes into the "Job Hiring" phase in DDSCB?

My starting job was Long Island University, and since I have come to dominate the Northeast Conference I am looking to move on to a bigger program with more competition. I have attempted to sign on with Pitt and UCONN, but both have declined my offer while settling for coaches who are far inferior. I have a higher reputation rating than these coaches, a more impressive conference and national resume, and I have higher actual skill ratings.

Why am I not getting hired anywhere other than extremely low prestige schools? It doesn't seem to make any sense to me given who the other schools have been hiring.

Some further info - my skill ratings are all maxed out at 85. My reputation is a 72.
Echet24

Re: DDSCB22 Job Hiring

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:08 pm

Are these your current ratings or your potential ratings? If the latter, what are your current numbers?
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Echet24 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:30 pm

Those are my current ratings. Someone hypothesized on the discord that they were too low still, so I even maxed them out during the Job Hiring session, but no teams would bite. Since then I moved them back down. I was peeping around and saw that coach personality may impact this. I initially had academics set to low. Could this be why these team's weren't interested? I believe both had B or B+ academics. With that said I also took a look at Georgia (which has an even lower prestige rating - 2 stars instead of 2.5 although I don't remember the exact number). I was declined from there as well.
Echet24

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:34 pm

Things like academics and discipline definitely are a factor. As are Ambition, temper, integrity, and reputation but your reputation seems high enough. You should be getting offers from good schools unless I'm missing something.
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:51 pm

I'm guessing it was most likely due to your academics rating being too low for the colleges who weren't interested in hiring you.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Echet24 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:57 pm

Wayne23 wrote:Things like academics and discipline definitely are a factor. As are Ambition, temper, integrity, and reputation but your reputation seems high enough. You should be getting offers from good schools unless I'm missing something.

Just to be clear - by "Getting offers" do you mean teams reaching out to me, or accepting my application? I haven't received any external offers. I'm not sure if that's in the game but if so I figured I'd let you know.

Next job hiring session I'll back up my save and try to take a look at pretty much all the schools available. I'll get back to you on which teams accept/reject me.
Echet24

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:02 pm

On April 9th you should receive offers, both for assistant coach and head coach positions. This should pop up in your email. Applying for jobs mid-game won't work unless it is in response to an offer you receive on that date.
Wayne23

Postby Echet24 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:25 am

I believe the issue must have been the education thing. At the next April 9th hiring session, Villanova hired me despite being the highest prestige school I was yet to apply to. Thanks everyone.
Echet24

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion