I feel incredibly dumb.

I feel incredibly dumb.

Postby jfsolo23 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:35 pm

So obviously on the 2-D gameplay screen I have always seen the "View PBP Log" button on the bottom right, but for some reason it never clicked in my brain what that actually was, or that maybe I should click it and find out. Where there was something that I wanted to see about the current game and I was wondering if there was some way I could get the info, so I click that button just see if that would do it

...So many of the little immersion details that I have been requesting the last couple of years have been their all along in that PBP Log, That use to be the default screen, before the "Recent Play" became the default viewing and I somehow forgot that it existed. A great game is made better just by me overcoming my cluelessness.
jfsolo23

Re: I feel incredibly dumb.

Postby PointGuard » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:39 pm

LOL..yeah, easy to miss things. I would prefer the PBP log be the default. Frequently I begin a game and get a minute or two into it before I realize I have not yet clicked to change to PBP log. I I'll just added making the PBP log the default to the CB23 suggestions list. I think most prefer that to recent plays...so when starting a 2D game why make us click on it to get what most want to see.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Wayne23 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:44 pm

I agree.
Wayne23

Postby ShamWow17 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:55 pm

Not gonna lie, as someone who plays the game for the program-building over time, primarily through recruiting and transfers, I don't generally coach the individual games (I also don't trust myself to allocate minutes and use the schemes effectively), focusing on the major actions in a possession is kinda nice, so maybe the option to choose a default in settings would be the best move for all playstyles?
ShamWow17

Postby PointGuard » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:49 pm

OK, I amended the suggestion to reflect that.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Chris » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:26 am

PointGuard wrote:LOL..yeah, easy to miss things. I would prefer the PBP log be the default. Frequently I begin a game and get a minute or two into it before I realize I have not yet clicked to change to PBP log. I I'll just added making the PBP log the default to the CB23 suggestions list. I think most prefer that to recent plays...so when starting a 2D game why make us click on it to get what most want to see.

Hi. I'm actually a fan of recent plays. It gives the gamecast that is equivalent to espn or most tickers for showing key moments from the broadcast. The bucket, the block, the board, etc by player.

See here.. https://www.espn.com.au/nba/playbyplay/_/gameId/401442535 I'm actually following the 2d mostly above so seeing the key stats that happened recently and who got buckets is valuable as well.

I wouldn't go as far to say this is the preference for all as there is a lot of text to read in PBP live when you run the game at higher speeds vs key moments with main focus on the ball movement in the 2d graphics itself
Chris

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion