Are there not any Real Player Mods available or WIP?

Are there not any Real Player Mods available or WIP?

Postby thecatinaction » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:35 am

So I just started the trial a couple of days ago and I downloaded the Real World Mod which has teams and coaches, but no players. Does anyone do Real Player Mods for DDSCB?
thecatinaction

Re: Are there not any Real Player Mods available or WIP?

Postby NCAAhoops » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:27 am

I have done a couple of mods with real players in the past. One a 2016-17 season and a couple of greatest teams mods. They don't seem to be real popular as most players sim and go through a season quickly and then you have fictional players populating the teams. With 5370 players required to fill out all the teams its a lot of work that doesn't hold up well long term unless you play every game out 2D for that season. So there is not currently a mod with the players included.
Although I have been thinking about reviving the Greatest Teams mod after Gary showed the new 2D screen coming to DDSCB.
NCAAhoops

Postby thecatinaction » Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:34 pm

That makes absolute perfect sense. Thank you for the response. Now that I think about it that way, I wouldn't use it either ha ha.
thecatinaction

Postby SirMichaelJordan » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:54 am

I would love to create one if I was able to add historical stats to the same database. Overall, if it was better to edit and I knew what attributes translated to what stats. FWIW, I was one of the guys who actively edited the roster files for the 2K college hoops games. Would love to come out of retirement. As far as it not being worth it because the simming is quick, i personally would use the draft class file in the pro basketball game.
SirMichaelJordan

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion