Offensive Freedom Setting

Offensive Freedom Setting

Postby dwhansen777 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:21 am

First season...in 2d game screen...I set my offense to motion, favor inside, and set the offensive slider all the way to the left. I assume in this setting there will be no offensive freedom, and every trip down the court my motion offensive will run 100% of the time. If that is true, this doesn't occur 100% of the time. After a period of time, instead of motion offense, the display will read "none". It will eventually return to the motion setting but could take 3-5 trips down the court to change from none. I've played thru 5 games, and this situation has occurred in all 5 games to date and occurs multiple times within a game.

I want my team to run the motion offense 100% when I use this setting (ie. 0% offensive freedom). Am I missing something?

TXS
dwhansen777

Re: Offensive Freedom Setting

Postby PointGuard » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:40 pm

This is a question probably best directed to Gaary snce it applies to the interworkings of how the game works, so I suggest you submit a Support Ticket.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby dwhansen777 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:31 pm

I played out another game in 2d, and paused the game at various times to see what situations were causing the "switch" Every time I took the ball out under my own basket, my offense always ran the motion offense. What I noticed during the play thru, when the other team missed a shot from the field and my player rebounded the ball...if it was a "long" rebound (ie. outside of the foul line) my team would not run the prescribe motion offense (none). Other times when a steal, block or bad pass occurred, if the play took place around around the 3pt line/foul line...my team would take take the ball across the half court line under the no offense (none). Since I play my offensive pace at 8/10 (fast) I "think" what I am seeing is those cases is when my team gets the ball in those situations...there is no time to set up and run the offensive set b/c there are some of my players were still around my defensive boards and have to catch up to the players all ready across half court. If that is what is actually occurring, then that makes sense why the "none" offensive set appears.
dwhansen777

Postby PointGuard » Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:09 pm

Interesting! Yeah, that seems to make sense.

Good observation!
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby dwhansen777 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:10 am

Again, this was a one game sample size, and my "guess" as to what was happening.

It would be nice to have the dev confirm or deny these observations.

TXS
dwhansen777

Postby NCAAhoops » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:35 am

You are probably correct in what you are seeing. Also playing a real fast pace game your team maybe looking to fast break but not finishing, or as you said getting down court with too few players to set up the offense as they are looking to get a shot off early in the play clock. I'd be curious if you play and exhibition with your team and slow the pace down to 5 or lower if you see your offense run at a higher percentage.
Once I have a team really proficient at an offense I lower my pace and set my Offensive Freedom to a lower percentage and do see my team run that offense most of the time. But I do think it will never be 100% because that's what happens in real life as kids do not always do everything right. Maybe other ratings have an effect like Basketball IQ in getting guys in the right spot as well? Would be interested in what Gary would say on this.
NCAAhoops

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion