Teams Running a Deficit

Teams Running a Deficit

Postby getheroff » Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:53 am

I'm in year 9 of my current playthrough and I'm playing against Miami of Florida. When I check out their "School Info" page it shows that their Starting Budget is 248,100 and their Asst. Coach Costs are 271,000. All 3 of the assistants have 6 years remaining on their contracts. Their Recruiting Costs are 5,000 leaving them a remaining budget of -27,900 for the year. When I look at their roster they have 8 walk-on players and 7 scholarship players. 5 of their scholarship players are seniors but they appear to be recruiting no-one (no scholarships offered). I'm playing with illegal recruiting off, so I don't think they could be on probation. Miami apparently won the National Championship the 1st year of my playthrough, but seem to have fallen on harder times in recent years. They've missed the post-season 2 of the last 3 years, going a collective 51-46.

I've quickly scanned about 20 other random schools in this playthrough's universe and all the rest of their "School Info" pages look normal. But Miami's situation is definitely concerning.

I've played the game a lot over the past year and a half and this is the first time that I have seen something like this. Is this a bug? How should I interpret this? Did the school cut their budget in the recent down years after initially increasing it due to their early success? Is this program doomed to oblivion?
getheroff

Re: Teams Running a Deficit

Postby PointGuard » Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:04 am

Not to say this hasn't happened in any of my associations, but I've never noticed anything like it.

I suggest you submit a Support Ticket along with your game files for that association so Gary can take a look at it.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby WarEagle13 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:18 pm

Wow! That’s interesting. Not today it hasn’t happened either but I have not noticed anything like that in leagues I have run

It would be an interesting twist to hire on and take them over to try and bring out of the red and back on top
WarEagle13

Postby PointGuard » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:57 pm

I began going through the teams in my association (which is presently at February 27 this season) to see if any were in the red with their recruiting budget...by the time i'd gone through 3 conferences I found 2 programs in the red: (ACC--none in the red; Atlantic Sun--Stetson $1000 in red; Big Twelve--Oklahoma $4900 in red). I was rather shocked to see that. Since I had found 2 after going through just 3 conferences, I stopped looking since I figured there are probably more programs with recruiting budgets in the red. I will send my game files to Gary so he can try to figure out what's causing this (probably a bad time to dump this on him when he's in the midst of DDSPB2023 first access...so I'm not expecting a quick answer/fix).

Looking at Stetson's roster, they have 2 scholarship players and 13 walkons...YIKES!!! They were in the red because they spent $1000 more on coaches that their entire budget. They obviously had no money to recruit so they have no one listed in their RECRUIT CLASS page (since they couldn't do any recruiting).

Looking at Oklahome's roser, they have 8 walkons and 7 scholarship players...again, YIKES!!! They spent all but $17,000 of their $288,100 budget on coaches, leaving them with just $12,100 to spend on recruiting the entire year...somehow they spent $17,000 on recruiting to put them $4,900 in the hole. They also have no one listed on their RECRUIT CLASS page (most likely since they probably ran out of money before September and therefore couldn't entice anyone to come to Oklahoma.

Neither of those 2 programs is presently on probation, but possibly they were in previous years...I don't keep track of that...but that could possibly have initiated their recruiting and financial problems. None of the teams presently on probation in this association are in the red for their recruiting budget, but of course, some of them have quite a few walkons as would be expected.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion