Call to Action

Re: Call to Action

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:54 am

Haiku wrote:
slybelle1 wrote:Thanks, never knew about that site but as you pointed out, not really usable for this purpose because of the low-res, but more importantly the size of the images are too small and would require stretching which wouldn't look great. There aren't many sources for pre-built courts (with right size) so I plan to get whatever I can and it won't necessarily be the team's latest and greatest designs. I simply don't have the time (and skill) to hand make each one myself.

Slybelle, I just sent you PM. Thanks

Thanks and I also sent you a pm that I am hoping you can respond.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby NCAAhoops » Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:19 pm

I made my first court and posted a link below as I used to be able to have the graphic appear in the message but for the past year I have not been able to make that work any longer and don't know why.
This is University of Central Florida Knights court. I chose it as it was difficult to make and I used to start with UCF as my beginning coach job when I started an association.
While I'm not 100% content with the outcome it is my first court and should only get better with more experience.

Link to picture:
https://www.mediafire.com/view/x1oy21r3n03gkba/centralflorida.jpg/file
NCAAhoops

Postby PointGuard » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:21 pm

Looks GREAT to me. I really like the black, white and shades of tan contrasts for this court which really make it stand out. I think the detail and sharpness are excellent.

In the last 3 minutes of a blowout win for the Knights (e.g. they're ahead by 20 against the Florida Gators), I think the scorer's table should change to "G'Knight, Gators!" :D
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby jlemmen43 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:09 pm

Nice work!

First attempt at making a new court for '23. This is for a fictional universe team. Any suggestions for improvements or additions?

https://imgur.com/UPT48JE
jlemmen43

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:52 pm

NCAAhoops wrote:I made my first court and posted a link below as I used to be able to have the graphic appear in the message but for the past year I have not been able to make that work any longer and don't know why.
This is University of Central Florida Knights court. I chose it as it was difficult to make and I used to start with UCF as my beginning coach job when I started an association.
While I'm not 100% content with the outcome it is my first court and should only get better with more experience.

Link to picture:
https://www.mediafire.com/view/x1oy21r3n03gkba/centralflorida.jpg/file

Looks good...I completed and released my pro courts, which examples are below. Still might tweak a few things eventually but good enough for now. The floor designs themselves were created from another basketball game mod, which the author allowed me to use. Simplified it greatly as I didn't need to custom create the floor.

Also some quick advice on laying out the courts as things I ran into. Need to be careful for precise placement of the court to ensure several things.

- The center line is where it needs to be for the tip off. If not, it will show it off-center
- The base lines and space there is enough for the player to take the ball out of bounds correctly
- The side lines are in the right area to ensure when a player takes the ball out, they are actually in the right place

I had done a bunch before I realized I should have checked how they show up in the game before doing them all. Lessons learned for me to get the first 100% right and shows correctly in game before doing the rest. I know the college game isn't out but if you have the pro game and its the same, a good way to test.

slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby jksander » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:39 am

NCAAhoops wrote:Thanks, If you can post a link to a picture of Gonzaga's court that will save me time.

Also I have been strongly considering not putting any conference logos on any court but their conference tournament court. So many teams have been moving the past few years and doesn't look to slow soon, plus some play with "Allow Conference Movement" by the game causes courts to need updates each year. Updating court conference logos is one of the most PM request I get for court updates now with the current versions.

For the game, that makes total sense :)
jksander
Elite Member

Postby NCAAhoops » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:46 am

Those pro courts look great Sly!

I believe my alignment should be OK as I have to make minor adjustments once I paste into the perspective view.

Of course I just found out the UCF court posted above changed this year so the posted one will now need to be a do over. Uhhh :(
NCAAhoops

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:23 pm

NCAAhoops wrote:Those pro courts look great Sly!

I believe my alignment should be OK as I have to make minor adjustments once I paste into the perspective view.

Of course I just found out the UCF court posted above changed this year so the posted one will now need to be a do over. Uhhh :(

Thanks and looking forward to the college courts as always nice to have a variety. As for alignment, that is good to hear. I just know with the volume you need to do, hate to see them all done and find out later:) It was a pain with the 30 I had to do, can't imagine with the hundreds on your plate:)

Good luck and thanks for sharing your progress!
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby NCAAhoops » Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:25 pm

Good news. The Southern Conference will be done today! Plus I have a few random teams done, but have decided to go by conference form here out. Should have time to start another conference today also. :)

The biggest issue I'm running into now that I have a solid plan on doing the courts is the "message board". I'm spending a lot of time trying to research what to put on them. If anyone knows a place to find some team chant/slogan or what should be on there would be helpful if you can send me a link as I just don't have that kind of knowledge of all the teams. For those who posted some above "thank you", those will be correct when I do their courts.

A couple of things I'm doing to save time:
1. Team court chairs I'm using the teams secondary color for most teams rather than spend time trying to find current team court pictures showing the chairs.
2. The Basketball Goals I'm just using the team primary color and not placing any other graphics on them right now. Same thing to save time trying to find pictures for each team is a time waste right now.
3. The barriers around the crowd stands, I'm using the teams primary color, sometimes just slightly darkened. Same thing a time saver.
4. Message boards may just say "GO TEAM NAME", possibly "WELCOME TO ARENA NAME" as mentioned above this has been my biggest time waste trying to find these. Please if you have any ideas on this let me know. (Kind of begging for ideas on what message each team should have so that all teams are not the same).

I'm about a week behind where I had hoped to be right now as it took longer to figure out the new court layout than I thought it would. I do have a plan that if I am unable to complete the courts on time that a Court Mod could be released later and if you have started an association it will be a seamless pickup of those courts without starting over.
The court angle is a big change and I offer many thanks to Slybelle to share ideas here to be able to move forward on this project. I think after trying many different ways to attack them we came to the same conclusion in the end.
Thank You Slybelle!
NCAAhoops

Postby ShamWow17 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:34 am

I don't know a ton of team mottos off the top of my head, but here are some I searched out. Most are sourced directly from official social media pages of their respective teams, or from a fan page that is/was clearly dedicated to the team, and providing updates on them. I tried to stay away from the most generic options where possible, which was easy for some programs, and required a deep-dive for others. At any rate, it was kinda fun, and I'm happy to find these for another conference or two a day. It isn't making courts, but seeing as I'm far from an artist, figured I can at least offer to lighten the extra heavy load a bit this way.

AEC:
UMass-Lowell: United In Blue
Bryant: "KEB1", or whatever it stands for, I suppose
UMBC: Retriever Nation
Maine: Black Bear Nation
Vermont: Go Catamounts
Binghampton: Rally the City, Claws Out, or Bing It On (I like the last one)
New Hampshire: Be the Roar
Albany: Great Dane Pride
NJIT: Highlander Nation, or Roll Tech

AAC:
Houston: Go Coogs, or For the City
Memphis: Go Tigers Go
UCF: Charge On
Cincinnati: Has been trying on "The Movement"
Tulane: Roll Wave
East Carolina: Purple Reign
Temple: For Philly, or if it isn't specific to football, "We The T"
Wichita State: Clock In (weird source, Shocker(s) Nation might be better)
SMU: Pony Up/Pony Up Dallas
South Florida: Horns Up
Tulsa: Reign Cane

Of course, these are less personal than suggestions from fans of specific programs, so for any program with a fan that offers a suggestion, their ask is probably better than mine.

Also, the Bryant one was weird, as the program's socials, fans, and students/alumni are all really consistent in rolling out a "KEB1," but I couldn't find anything about what it meant or its history, short of potentially asking folks in one of those groups.
ShamWow17

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion