Call to Action

Call to Action

Postby NCAAhoops » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:48 am

The next version of DDSCB will have court layouts similar to the Pro game now in first release. This will means over 400 college courts are all going to need made for the next version (overwhelming) :eek: .
They are much more complicated to make due to the court is now viewed from an angle from center court and a few rows up in the stands, so everything is going to have to rotated to that angle to be laid on the court. :eek: again!
I plan to start preparing for this now by gathering information and graphics for the courts, but wanted to throw out some idea's I have for community input. My thoughts are.

1. I gathered pictures of team courts a couple of years back as I was planing on updating outdated courts then but never got around to it (thank goodness), but if your favorite team has changed their court layout in the last 2-3 years and you want it to look that way, post here as I do not plan or will have time to look them all up again.
2. In the new court version there will be signage on the scores table that can have something displayed in a rotation on that sign. For instance Florida could have "Go Gators" or Kentucky could have "Go Big Blue" or "Welcome to RUPP Arena". If you know a teams slogan or what should be on a teams sign post here otherwise I may leave those blank to save time and update after release.
3. Make courts in this order. All Team courts first, NCAA Tournament courts, Conference Tournament courts, and last Non-Conference Tournaments.
4. At this time I am not planning on putting Conference Logos on any team court due to all the conference movement happening the last few year and doesn't appear to be slowing down. Plus if you play the game with "Allow Conference Movement" on it will not be an issue.
5. Will not add corporate logos as they also change with time. Arena names, court names, team logos and like items I will add as they tend to remain over time.

I'm looking for input as these will have to be done quickly once we can start making them. Any help gathering information will help in making them right the first time as there so much to do.
If you have a favorite team you play now is the time to be sure your teams court looks as it should!
Last edited by NCAAhoops on Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
NCAAhoops

Re: Call to Action

Postby alternativestats » Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:25 pm

You do a great job with the look of these courts in your mod so I greatly appreciate the work that goes into making the game feel more immersive.

I have never played the pro games so , when you rotate I don't know if I'm supposed to be picturing one big sign board or two smaller ones (like one on each end).

Either way for my favorite team I would think it should read MIZZOU (one board) or MIZ ZOU (two boards).
alternativestats

Postby PointGuard » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:22 am

Hey, NCAAhoops...always really appreciate your great modding. Just the courts would be fantastic. THAT in itself is a HUGE undertaking. Don't obcess too much over the other details at this point.

If you're going to put anything on the scoretables...maybe just keep it pretty generic (e.g. Go Tigers, Go Hawks, etc) but if you're going to do anything more, still keep it simple (e.g,, for University of Washington GO DAWGS!); for Univ of Michigan LETS GO BLUE!, etc. Or for Southern Cal, maybe USC SUCKS! :p
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby slybelle1 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:49 am

For those that haven't see the pro game courts, below is a screenshot from in-game. Beyond the courts being new, also all the jerseys would need to be new since now would be showing on these full player models.

NCAAHoops....you mentioned the ability to have rotating images on the scorers table, I wasn't aware that was possible, maybe something only in the college version. Just curious how it would be done. Do you save some kind of separate graphic files and then assign those to teams? Just wondering how it rotates through custom stuff, that is pretty cool.

slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby NCAAhoops » Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:46 am

alternativestats; There will be only one long table with digital sign on the front.

Slybelle1; The one you put in the court graphic will show (like your picture) but there are hard coded ones that will rotate during game play so you only have to do the one for the court the rest will be with the game and rotate through them during game play but you cannot change those as of now that I know. At least my understanding.

Pointguard; That's my plan is to do the actual courts and the sign if I can get it done easily, and any other items can be done later as the courts can be updated with a court mod installer later without any issues with your association and they will work seamlessly. The court is the same size as the NBA court so I should be able to use it to get started soon, although some court lines are different (3 point & FT lane area) and that will have to be worked out. That's what I'm looking over now so I don't start a ton of work that I cannot use later.
NCAAhoops

Postby slybelle1 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:19 am

NCAAhoops wrote:Slybelle1; The one you put in the court graphic will show (like your picture) but there are hard coded ones that will rotate during game play so you only have to do the one for the court the rest will be with the game and rotate through them during game play but you cannot change those as of now that I know. At least my understanding.

Thanks, appreciate the response. Not sure I still understand how it works, I do understand the hard coded version that would be shown if put within the court file itself. Unless your meaning, the one included with the court will be initially shown, and then within the game somehow other things are rotated on top of it which the game decides and probably is generic that would be applicable to all teams. If so I just misinterpreted your original comments, I thought it was possible to include multiple custom team specific images for the scoring table that then would rotate. Not a problem and appreciate all the work on these as I know it won't be easy work for all these images.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby NCAAhoops » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:53 pm

I think you have it correct. The one on the team court graphic will display first, then the game has hard code signage that will overlay/cover your graphic and rotate through several of those then rotates back to the one one you made on the court graphic. So you can only make one sign in the court graphic and the game will rotate through ones supplied in the game and then back to your and so forth. In other word there are about 4 or 5 signs in the game that overlays your sign and then one of those in the game is transparent and you will see your made sign. So you can make only 1 per team/court
NCAAhoops

Postby slybelle1 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:14 pm

NCAAhoops wrote:I think you have it correct. The one on the team court graphic will display first, then the game has hard code signage that will overlay/cover your graphic and rotate through several of those then rotates back to the one one you made on the court graphic. So you can only make one sign in the court graphic and the game will rotate through ones supplied in the game and then back to your and so forth. In other word there are about 4 or 5 signs in the game that overlays your sign and then one of those in the game is transparent and you will see your made sign. So you can make only 1 per team/court

Got it, thanks for the clarification.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby ShamWow17 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:18 pm

Out in Eastern Washington, Go Zags for Gonzaga (only the national scene weirdos say "zaga"), Cougs for Washington State, and Eags for Eastern Washington are all appropriate for the scorer's table.

As for courts, Gonzaga did update with the new WCC logo, and I think sponsors as well a few years ago. Happy to dig up an updated look at it if ya haven't got one already.
ShamWow17

Postby NCAAhoops » Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:42 am

Thanks, If you can post a link to a picture of Gonzaga's court that will save me time.

Also I have been strongly considering not putting any conference logos on any court but their conference tournament court. So many teams have been moving the past few years and doesn't look to slow soon, plus some play with "Allow Conference Movement" by the game causes courts to need updates each year. Updating court conference logos is one of the most PM request I get for court updates now with the current versions.
NCAAhoops

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion