I am the Greatest Recruiter ever

I am the Greatest Recruiter ever

Postby fatfish89 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:42 pm

I just signed the number 8 overall recruit in the country to play for me at Texas A&M Corpus Christi. This is only my second season there. As long as he doesn't transfer or declare early we will be dominant for a couple years. Also when he leaves I am leaving ;D
fatfish89

Re: I am the Greatest Recruiter ever

Postby ShamWow17 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:06 pm

Hey, not bad! Though I'd guess you'll be lucky to have him for two years with regular draft declaration rules. Was he a low SAT score you pulled in after those came out? I had a couple of top 5 Indy Elite guys who were number 1 and 2 recruits I pulled in that way at the start of my current save where I started at Purdue-Fort Wayne. First one was dominant until he tore an ACL or MCL (still made the second round tho!), and the other swept the conference awards the next year, before dropping in the first round. Gaming those SAT scores definitely made for a quick swing into a better job though, so best of luck doing the same.
ShamWow17

Postby fatfish89 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:06 pm

He was a lowish score like an 930ish he had a 2.2 GPA but I actually started to recruit him early in the process after most of the top players in my region had already signed I added him to my board. since the game doesn't give you a lot of insights to who has made offers I guess I got lucky and was just his best choice. Also just completed my first year with him and he declared for the draft oh well. He was a 1st team all conference selection but didn't win freshman of the year. It just means I am probably going to peace out too but I got the school its second all time tournament appearance along with conference coach of the year so I can leave on a high note. The weird thing about this season was my school objective was to just not finish last after the two prior years were 10+ wins with win conference tournament followed by win 10+ and finish top three. I guess the board didn't have any confidence a top 10 recruit would be able to help this program lol.

Edit: he did go #8 overall so I get why he didn't stick around
fatfish89

Postby PointGuard » Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:03 pm

Would have been interesting to see how he did in the pros if you had been able to sim his career forward with DDSPB.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion