Game on Mac?

Game on Mac?

Postby DaMallowMan » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:13 pm

I'm not sure if I have actually posted this or not in the past but I am curious if these games will ever be available on a Mac? It is my primary computer now and I'd love to be able to still play the game on it if possible :)
DaMallowMan

Re: Game on Mac?

Postby PointGuard » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:58 pm

I've seen posts on these forums that indicates people have successfully run DDSCB using Parallels with a Mac. I don't own a Mac, so can't provide any guidance, but maybe someone who does will see this and comment.

By the way, here's a post that Gary made in 2017 in these forums with regard to running Wolverine games on a Mac: "I think the best thing to do is download the game and run it as a demo (if you already have the software to do it - I never advocate anyone buying something just to try our games). That should let you know if its going to do anything weird and if it looks good then go for it!"
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby frankinho » Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:42 am

DaMallowMan wrote:I'm not sure if I have actually posted this or not in the past but I am curious if these games will ever be available on a Mac? It is my primary computer now and I'd love to be able to still play the game on it if possible :)

You can run it using Parallels but its an expensive app if youre going to use it just for that purpose its not worth it. Not sure if there are cheaper or free alternatives.
frankinho

Postby adamj95 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:42 pm

Has anyone had success running this on M1 Mac?
adamj95

Postby Colly » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:47 am

adamj95 wrote:Has anyone had success running this on M1 Mac?

Yes, the games run on M1 macs with parallels.

I mostly play CF2022

However, I've never been able to set a correct resolution (I'm assuming this is the issue) that allows the graphic png thumbnails to display correctly. Whether you play with the vanilla game or with the real teams mod the png's display as broken graphic icons. In both situations, players display correctly but all other graphics like team logo's on the main dashboard, logo's next to any team names such as schedule etc. display broken.

Other than this the game runs.

It's just too immersion-breaking for me though and I end up playing it on a pc laptop.
Colly

Postby Colly » Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:00 pm

Colly wrote:
adamj95 wrote:Has anyone had success running this on M1 Mac?

Yes, the games run on M1 macs with parallels.

I mostly play CF2022

However, I've never been able to set a correct resolution (I'm assuming this is the issue) that allows the graphic png thumbnails to display correctly. Whether you play with the vanilla game or with the real teams mod the png's display as broken graphic icons. In both situations, players display correctly but all other graphics like team logo's on the main dashboard, logo's next to any team names such as schedule etc. display broken.

Other than this the game runs.

It's just too immersion-breaking for me though and I end up playing it on a pc laptop.

Update: I have been able to resolve the graphic issue on CF2022 and this fix should work on any other title on any othe M1 Mac/Parallels.

I explored this and found out if I follow this from Windows/Parallels:

1. On top bar menu > Parallels Desktop icon > Configure > Security > Check Isolate Windows from Mac.
2. Close and restart windows.
3. Install the game
4. Install the mod
5. Run the game

Everything works fine!

Yay, I can't recover my 300+hr save from my old Mac but at least I can start afresh on my Mac M1.

Hopefully, this is helpful to any other Mac M1/Parallels users experiencing the same difficulty.
Colly

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion