How Do You Play?

Re: How Do You Play?

Postby blazertaz13 » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:10 pm

Another follow up question, as I am loving the responses.

How many continue on with the save if they have been fired? I pay attention to stories, blogs, etc. for this game and others and it seems that no one gets fired. I saw that Billdozer has talked about being fired by Kansas State, Santa Clara and BC, but did you continue on or start over?

Once again, thanks for responding as I love what I am reading.
blazertaz13

Postby NCAAhoops » Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:26 pm

I have carried over my East Tennessee State I believe 3 versions? 2 for sure but I think DDSCB22 is the 3rd.
I have been fired and I was hired by a lower school and I did keep going for 2 more seasons but did eventually dump that one.
I forgot to mention, I play the Exhibition mode often. Especially when I don't won't to rush into my next opponent in my association but want to play a game or during recruiting just to do something different now and then. I usually play 2 exhibitions before my season starts just to get familiar with my team just like the real teams do as like them it doesn't go into the stats records.
NCAAhoops

Postby Billdozer » Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:00 pm

blazertaz13 wrote:Another follow up question, as I am loving the responses.

How many continue on with the save if they have been fired? I pay attention to stories, blogs, etc. for this game and others and it seems that no one gets fired. I saw that Billdozer has talked about being fired by Kansas State, Santa Clara and BC, but did you continue on or start over?

Once again, thanks for responding as I love what I am reading.

Yes, I continued after being fired. I don't remember my next schools but I think the offers for head coach were pretty good considering I had just been fired. Santa Clara was a mess but Kansas State and BC had high expectations right away and I was only given 2 years while I inherited bad teams.

I also remembered some other schools I have coached. These include, UMBC, NorthEastern, DePaul, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Texas Tech, and Eastern Illinois. I like the Big 12, Pac 12, and Big East because of balanced or nearly balanced conference schedules. As a UW Husky fan I also like schools with Huskies as a mascot.
Billdozer

Postby PointGuard » Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:01 am

Billdozer: Go Dawgs!
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby drummerJ99 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:45 pm

blazertaz13 wrote:Do you play a journey man type of game? Do you stick with one school and see where you can take them? Or a combination of both?

I normally always do a career type save. Starting at a small school I know nothing about in a conference I know nothing about. That way it doesn't bother me that rosters are fictional, as I don't know the team anyway.

blazertaz13 wrote:How do you recruit? Do you recruit for need or by position?

I have zero clue what I'm doing recruiting wise. LOL It seems to be luck.

blazertaz13 wrote:Do you play out games or sim out as many seasons as you can?

I sim every game. Or actually "play" the game but in the fastest speed available and let the AI coaches handle everything. That way I can see stats by half but also have the AI and the players making all the decisions.

blazertaz13 wrote:Lastly, do you plan on carrying on with your association when the new game comes out or start over?

Since I do a career type I'll keep carrying on when I get fired.
Please give us a light skin UI option for all games. A Clone of the 2021 themes would be perfect!
drummerJ99

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion