Phantom Techs

Phantom Techs

Postby Wildcat18 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:41 pm

I recently switched over to the 2022 version of the game after picking it up on Black Friday. In my 4th season of my St Peter's save, I encountered a bug that I experienced back in the 2020 version: phantom technical fouls. Basically, the game will go nuts and call 4 or 5 technical "fouls" in a row. I put the "fouls" in quotes because nothing actually happens when the foul is called, except the player and team's foul total increases by 1. When I posted about this in 2020, nobody had seen anything like it before. I'm wondering if anybody has seen this, or if it's just happening to me?

I've posted a picture of the Play-by-Play Log. All players mentioned are on my team:

When this happens, I'll usually restart that game and it won't happen in that game, but it's frustrating to waste time playing out a game only for it to be ruined late in the second half by this bug. It's happening in about 1/4 of my games at the moment.
Wildcat18

Re: Phantom Techs

Postby PointGuard » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:53 pm

Apparently your computer is infected by goblins...technical foul-calling goblins! :eek:

No, I have not noticed this...but not saying it's never happened. I play out most of my games and sort of read the play-by-play log as its being shown....not every word, just the overall gist of things since I play the game at a relatively high speed...but close enough that I should have seen something like this happening, especially if it's a regular thing. And while there are occasional technical fouls in my games, as far as I recall, they result in foul shots...and don't have repeated technical fouls. But maybe it's occurred and I just haven't noticed..not absolutely sure.

Anyway, good pickup. I'd suggest you send the playbyplay log pic to Gary along with your game files since you say it's happening in 1/4 of your games. (Aside: Don't be surprised if Gary is a bit slow responding since he's in the midst of CB2023 development and also fixing some things in PB2023.) But since you noted it in CB2020 and now with CB2022, apparently there is the game has "technical issues" :D or some sort of bug that needs to be squashed.

Questions: Does it happen about the same point in each instance (I see in the one posted there's 6:25 remaining in the game)? If it does, it would greatly help me look more closely at that point as I play out games to see if it's occurring with mine or just on your goblin-infected computer. :rolleyes: Any other similarities as to when it occurs...e.g., just when your team is the away team (as in the example you posted, etc.)? Also, are you using any mods (and if the you're using College Mod 22, which Custom File are you using)?...and have you made any of your own modifications to the data base?
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Phantom Techs

Postby Wildcat18 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:43 pm

PointGuard wrote:Apparently your computer is infected by goblins...technical foul-calling goblins! :eek:

No, I have not noticed this...but not saying it's never happened. I play out most of my games and sort of read the play-by-play log as its being shown....not every word, just the overall gist of things since I play the game at a relatively high speed...but close enough that I should have seen something like this happening, especially if it's a regular thing. And while there are occasional technical fouls in my games, as far as I recall, they result in foul shots...and don't have repeated technical fouls. But maybe it's occurred and I just haven't noticed..not absolutely sure.

Anyway, good pickup. I'd suggest you send the playbyplay log pic to Gary along with your game files since you say it's happening in 1/4 of your games. (Aside: Don't be surprised if Gary is a bit slow responding since he's in the midst of CB2023 development and also fixing some things in PB2023.) But since you noted it in CB2020 and now with CB2022, apparently there is the game has "technical issues" :D or some sort of bug that needs to be squashed.

Questions: Does it happen about the same point in each instance (I see in the one posted there's 6:25 remaining in the game)? If it does, it would greatly help me look more closely at that point as I play out games to see if it's occurring with mine or just on your goblin-infected computer. :rolleyes: Any other similarities as to when it occurs...e.g., just when your team is the away team (as in the example you posted, etc.)? Also, are you using any mods (and if the you're using College Mod 22, which Custom File are you using)?...and have you made any of your own modifications to the data base?

Sorry I haven't had the chance to respond, been a busy few days. I'm gonna try to get some more info before I send Gary my files. See if maybe there's some pattern like time of the game, or lineup, or set being run that could help find the issue. I'm using College Mod 22, I think 3 or 4.
Wildcat18

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion