Editing coach/team records, salaries, etc.

Editing coach/team records, salaries, etc.

Postby SteveVictory » Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:52 am

Is it possible to edit things like your coaches' salaries or to add some history to your coach (like an existing W-L record). I'd like to continue an old, old dynasty that I started with another game way back in the day, bringing back the coach for his 31st season. I'd love to be able to input his W-L record, the fact that he's already won four NCAA titles, etc. Is there a way to do that in commissioner mode or something?

Second question: Is it possible to edit the terms of a coach's contract? I had another idea for a dynasty play-through where I am a young coach who gets a head job unexpectedly right before the season starts, and the AD basically gives him an interim tag for one year. The game officially gave me a 3-year deal for 80K a year when I started my new association. Is there a way to change that to one year for 80K. The challenge being to see if I can get the interim tag removed -- or if not, where the game takes my coach from there...

Thanks for the help.

(Also, is there a way to stop the world for a day or two just so I can focus on playing this game for long hours at a time?)
SteveVictory

Re: Editing coach/team records, salaries, etc.

Postby jlemmen43 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:01 pm

SteveVictory wrote:Is it possible to edit things like your coaches' salaries or to add some history to your coach (like an existing W-L record). I'd like to continue an old, old dynasty that I started with another game way back in the day, bringing back the coach for his 31st season. I'd love to be able to input his W-L record, the fact that he's already won four NCAA titles, etc. Is there a way to do that in commissioner mode or something?

Second question: Is it possible to edit the terms of a coach's contract? I had another idea for a dynasty play-through where I am a young coach who gets a head job unexpectedly right before the season starts, and the AD basically gives him an interim tag for one year. The game officially gave me a 3-year deal for 80K a year when I started my new association. Is there a way to change that to one year for 80K. The challenge being to see if I can get the interim tag removed -- or if not, where the game takes my coach from there...

You can edit all of this through the SQLITE program. Export your database in the commissioner office screen. Open it in SQLITE. That takes a little bit to get used to, but if you have any questions, many of us have used enough to guide you. Then import your database. Also you can begin a save with custom coaches where you use a file to import (when starting a league). I do this and use the Real Life Mod (which includes real coaches...great work by the modder) and just change all the info. Lemme know if you need any further assistance.
jlemmen43

Re: Editing coach/team records, salaries, etc.

Postby 23Zone » Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:06 am

There are a very few things that I have noticed you cannot edit. One of them is the money for recruiting for a school… unless I am mistaken. I would love to be able to change that one…. I think most schools should be able to get the upgraded reports they need and attend at least the closest local camp while still being able to recruit.
23Zone

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion