% from 3 when playing out the games

% from 3 when playing out the games

Postby sgran70 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:57 am

Does anyone else feel like the 3-point % is significantly lower during games that you play out? Lately, it's felt like every game is a brickathon, not just for me, but the other team as well. It got to the point where I looked up my team's % and it's at 26% on the season. That's dead last in my conference, yet I'm in first place. With the exception of my center, all of my starters are good shooters: 7-9-7-6 in outside shooting.

Has anyone done any testing on how stats differ when you play out the games vs simming? If my last save in before the season, I may re-run in full sim mode to see what happens.
sgran70

Re: % from 3 when playing out the games

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:30 pm

Interesting. I am about to start a 2023 assoc. where I focus HEAVILY on threes. I'll be reporting on it under Dynasty Reports within a day or two. I'll be interested to see what you find out as well.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:46 pm

Hmm...Have never checked out whether there's a difference in shooting % between simming and playing out games. Would need to save an association twice and run an entire season once with simming the games and the other with playing out all the games to see if there was any appreciable difference. Since shooting (especially 3's) varies so much for a team from one game to another, you'd need to run a lot of games to really test this out.

My "feeling" is that the two would be pretty much the same. I have not "noticed" that when I play out games in CB23 that the teams most always shoot horribly beyond the arc. Of course, there are individual games where one team or the other (or both teams for that matter) are unable to sink their 3's.

FYI: In the only test I did during beta to provide Gary with a comparison of stats between CB2023 and real life...most all the team stats were pretty close to real life, particularly shooting percentages. For that test, I simmed an entire season to compare stats for all teams.

Since it appears that you have played out a lot of games for your team with CB23, how about taking a look back at the box scores and posting here the 3P% for your team and your opponent for each game you've played. I'd be really interested in seeing that.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby sgran70 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:20 pm

Just to be clear, I'm playing CB22. I can't really do much with this season I just finished because I don't have a save in the right place, and I think I simmed a few games but not sure which ones.
I've laid down a back-up save at the beginning of my current season, so I'll definitely test it out.
It would be interesting to ask Gary if he had any ideas on how something like this might happen. Are the algorithms different during a played vs simmed game?
sgran70

Postby PointGuard » Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:21 pm

Sounds good sgran. Re CB2022, when it was being tested, I did a similar comparison with real life and while I can't find the spreadsheet on my computer right now, I am sure that the shooting percentages and scoring were very close to real life.

But your checking to see if there is a difference between simming and playing out games would be worthwhile.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby PointGuard » Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:23 pm

Sounds good sgran. Re CB2022, when it was being tested, I did a similar comparison with real life and while I can't find the spreadsheet on my computer right now, I am sure that the shooting percentages and scoring were very close to real life.

But your checking to see if there is a difference between simming and playing out games would be worthwhile.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion