Home visits

Home visits

Postby SteveVictory » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:41 pm

Finally taking some time to deep dive into this game. It's fun!

Should you do more than one in-home visit with recruits once you get to September/October? I've got one guy who has "hot" interest and has me #1 on his list. Another two guys are warm and I am in their top 3-5. Don't want to lose these guys because I backed off when I shouldn't have. But don't want to waste my $$ either...

Also, on weeks when you do an in-home, do you also text them? Or do you save your texts for other folks you are trying to keep interested as back-up options... Thanks for the help!!
SteveVictory

Re: Home visits

Postby PointGuard » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:00 pm

Before I get to the home visits dates, I try to have the top couple interests identified for those to whom I'm going to visit (and possibly offer). So generally I don't have to or want to text players the weeks Im visiting them...I already know enough about them to do the visit(s).

And yes, I do repeat visits if I think I've got a good chance of getting a guy I want.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby SteveVictory » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:15 pm

Thanks for the heads-up. A couple of my dudes said they had great visits and I moved up to #1 on their lists. Should I keep visiting them to hold their interest? Will they back off if I don't visit again? Don't want to be redundant if I don't have to spend the money but don't want to tick a guy off if he's waiting to hear from me again...
SteveVictory

Postby PointGuard » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:39 pm

If you don't do another home visit, a recruit MAY commit to you or some other school may swoop in, have a good home visit, make an offer and he MAY opt to go there. Of course, there's no guarantee, the recruit who presently has you as his #1 will commit to you even if you do a home visit..but the odds are much higher.

I had one recruit who had me as his #1 after my 1st home visit and i did repeat visits...and remained his #1...he didn't commit to me or anyone...I kept him on the hook and FINALLY in April he committed to my school.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby SteveVictory » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:12 pm

These darn kids! Stressing me out... :D
SteveVictory

Postby SteveVictory » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:53 pm

One more question, once a guy gives a verbal commitment (I got my first one!) do I still need to text/visit him? Will he go elsewhere on me if I don't continue to give him love?
SteveVictory

Postby PointGuard » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:45 pm

No, he'll hang with you. So unless you want more background info about the guy, no need to call/visit/etc.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion