Position Requirements

Position Requirements

Postby nuwildcat » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:32 pm

Has anyone played around with increasing the maximums for the position requirements to make the rosters a little less homogenous? I was planning on experimenting with this but wanted to know if anyone has done so already.
nuwildcat

Re: Position Requirements

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:37 pm

A lot of folks set there to zero minimums so teams can sign the best players across the board and aren't stuck with positions they may not use (like FB). But setting high maximums would also help recruiting where there would be more spots for players to land on good teams before hitting roster limits and having to drop down to 2nd, 3rd choices, etc. It will give the higher tier schools a much larger advantage over smaller schools though... up to you whether this effect is desired.
brooks_piggott

Postby nuwildcat » Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:45 pm

That's exactly what I am hoping will happen. My only concern is a team ends up with an absurd number at one position (i.e. 12 QBs). Does the AI try to keep positions somewhat balanced?
nuwildcat

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:53 pm

AI gives weight to meeting minimums but after that it's kind of a best player on the board kind of deal. So if you have a max of 12 QB and all other positions have met the minimums it will recruit whoever is best available... hence being possible to get all 12 QB's.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: College Football 2023 FirstAccess