Others thoughts (?)

Others thoughts (?)

Postby WarEagle13 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:00 pm

Just curious what others are thinking that have gotten the FirstAccess and ran through seasons, etc... playing.

I am overly happy with the results I have seen, particularly with the stats etc....sacks down, PR/KR Td's more true to form etc...

Anything anyone is seeing they think is out of the norm?

Things I would like to see (prob more for future) :

1) Better reporting ie...at certain stages I feel like the reporting gets a bit repetitive and mundane. At the signing stage, getting reports on 100+ recruits etc...stating the same thing seems to clutter and block up past history to view...this guy is great, this guy is a bust etc.... same on the coaching announcements.
2) Better coaching carousel....not sure how I feel...but seems to still be a lot of movement and some not making since. Guys just seem to drop of the map. Would love to see coaching history like what the basketball game does.
3) Better way to import and export info. Love how the BB game uses access.....the Jsons just seem so extremely cumbersome and also don't include all info (ie player year or HS/city, ST) as these randomly change when importing from previous version into the new.
4) I say this every version but would love to be able to at least rename or shorten in many cases the High Schools in which recruit/players come from.

Others probably there but not coming to mind. Nothing major, just cleanup and presentation type things (ie in stats, things like the AVG column showing a standard #.# format instead of 4.2 and 4 instead of 4.2 and 4.0

Really good job on the stats piece this year though! Definately making progress every year and every version.
WarEagle13

Re: Others thoughts (?)

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:31 pm

Can you share one of your exports so that I can take a look at the year and high school changing?

The game does dump all of the stats and ratings into excel and access for analysis and display purposes, but it doesn't use those to import. For that you'll need to use the json... but if you want to do manipulation on it you should be able to use the json/csv converter tool to help get it into and out of excel.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: College Football 2023 FirstAccess