Does depth chart matter when simming games?

Does depth chart matter when simming games?

Postby ksbass » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:17 pm

I just simmed a whole season where my number 4 QB (not even on the depth chart) took at least half of game snaps during sims. This doesn't seem right. I checked game plans and nothing there said bring in QB from off the depth chart as backup or anything. It is not, however, giving me problems with morale on the two non-starters ahead of him on the depth chart.

Seems like a possible bug or error of some sort. Thought you should know this can happen.
ksbass

Re: Does depth chart matter when simming games?

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:27 pm

Double check all depth charts to make sure you don't have one with the backup QB. Also in cases of injury the game will find players on the roster to use if you don't have the depth charts filled out. But if you have all 5 packages filled in, and none of them are using that particular QB, he shouldn't be playing at all much less half the snaps. If you have a save mid-season where you're seeing this please share the link to the .bin file with me on Slack or open a ticket on the support page and I'll take a closer look.
brooks_piggott

Postby ksbass » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:37 pm

Thank you for responding. It only happened the one season, but I did have the depth charts set, and the QB was 3rd on one, but off the other 4. No injuries at position all season. May try to recreate in case this is a possible issue.
ksbass

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:58 am

Could be one of the DC's was invalid so it used a CPU one for that one season? Will keep an eye out and let me know if you run into it again.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: College Football 2023 FirstAccess