A minor point that has always bothered me.

A minor point that has always bothered me.

Postby nickyt » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:02 pm

The game has jumbo "Cam Chancellor" strong safeties. Their height and weight exceed linebackers with is not accurate to real football. The game makes a lot of small linebackers and big safeties. Defensive ends also tend to be smaller in DDS than P5 level players on whole. Offensive guards and centers are often 6'6'' or 6'7" which is rare in real college football. It is minor, but it has bothered me for years as it is inaccurate. I like accuracy and have been wanting more sacks by linemen and more tackles overall for a number of years. It is a good game, so you have to nit-pick to find fault.
nickyt

Re: A minor point that has always bothered me.

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:22 pm

I don't think I've found data on height's, weight's, etc. by position for NCAA. If you can point me to some data I can certainly adjust the creation formulas to match.
brooks_piggott

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:22 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:I don't think I've found data on height's, weight's, etc. by position for NCAA. If you can point me to some data I can certainly adjust the creation formulas to match.

I can send you some data in the morning which I think you could use for this
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:21 am

Quick data from a source I found, it has limited data but maybe still useful as a guide. On the right are values from the college player data source, while on the right is a single season exported from the game. Not all positions line up (i.e. some in source combined, while others in game more specific). Where this is an exact position match between the sources, I also included the variances between the two. Some of the data from the source might be a little weird especially the min, but again at least something to compare against. Brooks, sent you the detail files via Slack.

slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:29 am

Thanks, I'm make some small tweaks based on this. I'm going to assume FS = DB and SS = S for tuning purposes but they're pretty close already.
brooks_piggott

Postby SirMichaelJordan » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:05 pm

This is something that I've noticed as well. It also goes hand in hand with college players being skilled at different positions. For example, a 6'0 215 OLB assuming he has speed would also be an SS.

Also, jersey numbers are too traditional as well. I don’t think I’ve seen a WR or DB with single digit numbers or numbers in the teens.
SirMichaelJordan

Return to DDS: College Football 2023 FirstAccess