Coach Hiring major issues.

Coach Hiring major issues.

Postby jedyeti » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:49 pm

In our online league, the game is still duplicating coaches when one is signed onto a new team, placing the duplicate coach back into the pool.

CPU teams are also signing coaches to negative salaries, was hopeful this stuff would be fixed with the new coach features, but once again it looks like we have to make a rule where nobody can sign any coaches besides internal hires.

This has been an issue since the 2020 version.

I'd upload the image of a CPU coach making negative 900k per year, but forum isn't allowing attachments.
jedyeti

Re: Coach Hiring major issues.

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:25 pm

Is there a way for you to share your .bin file from before the stage was run so that I can take a look? Are any other leagues having this issue?

I need a bin file, or at least the exact steps to reproduce it. Is it only human players hiring coaches away from other human teams? Is it human teams hiring coaches from their available pool? When they're in the available pool are they duplicated there? Or are they tied to the new team, or still an old team?
brooks_piggott

Postby jedyeti » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:30 pm

t's all of them, CPU and human coaches our bin can be downloaded from

http://football.championsimleague.com/c ... ollege.bin

I also have a file from before the change over to new season I can upload as well.
jedyeti

Postby jedyeti » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:36 pm

I am currently uploading the end of season bin before coach hiring at

http://football.championsimleague.com/c ... llege1.bin

Maybe 15 mins or so before it's uploaded.

A CPU team signed Denver's coach, it duplicated the coach and Denver signed them again, then on further investigation we saw teams with coaches on negative salaries on cpu teams.
jedyeti

Postby jedyeti » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:39 pm

If necessary I can convert the .bak to .bin and upload which would take us to before coach hiring 4.
jedyeti

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:46 pm

Ideally I would have save files from immediately before the CPU team signed Denvers coach so I can see it happen as I trace through the code.
brooks_piggott

Postby jedyeti » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:58 pm

Ok, I think that was on the last sim, I'll see if I can get that file uploaded. but looking through the coaches I also see a duplicate of Utah's coach in the pool, even though I've never signed a new coach with that team.
jedyeti

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:02 pm

Are they actual duplicates? Or are they just showing up in the pool because they are poachable by another team? It's possible if you throw enough money at a coach that they could jump twice in the same offseason. So Texas State's OC could go to Purdue to be OC and then later in signing get offered a HC job at Michigan State, and then get offered a HC job at Alabama and it's possible the coach would take those offers.

But either way I checked on teams that had their coaches stolen, logged in as them, and don't see the previous coach in the list. So I'm not seeing duplicate coaches at this point. I'm not saying there isn't an issue, but I'll need very specific details on what you're seeing, what you expect to see, what team signed whom and what stage, and the league files at that point so I can recreate it.

On a separate note, you are on CF23 version 7.0.3 or 7.0.4 correct? And you are running your league Import as the first thing after you pull down a new file before you do any advancement in stages or adjustments as commissioner?
brooks_piggott

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:25 pm

I'm looking at Utah and I do see where they have a duplicate that is matching the head coach. I can fix that in a patch so it removes those... but at this point I assume this coach was duplicated several seasons ago... his stats are from your 2010 season so he's been around a while.
brooks_piggott

Postby jedyeti » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:17 am

Yeah, it's certainly possible these duplicates are from old issues and we just never saw to remove them, we have been on the current patches. We did notice Denver's coach got poached and then was back in the pool, we do see AI teams signing coaches for minus salary too.

However it is certainly possible these coaches were duplicated and have been in the pool, we just have no real way of being sure of that.
jedyeti

Return to DDS: College Football 2023 General Discussion