QB Rushing Totals

QB Rushing Totals

Postby ajmh » Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:34 pm

How do I get QB's to run more?
QB's (unless Dual Threat) don't have enough attempts or yards in a season.
I am playing Sandbox all teams, and I don't want to touch playbooks (as frankly modern playbooks should default a significant # of QB runs).

Also will the game ever differentiate between PR and KR, so that your #1 PR is also not always your #1 KR?
Although there is overlap, they really should be different skillsets.
ajmh

Re: QB Rushing Totals

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:48 pm

QB's must be created as a Running QB or marked as one in edit player for the coaches to increase running plays. Dual Threat also helps.

And yes, KR and PR are two different depth charts so you can choose different players for either. The AI tends to use the same guys for both.
brooks_piggott

Postby ajmh » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:11 pm

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear.
The problem is QB's who are not dual threats aren't running nearly enough.

There was a QB in my sandbox league who started 12 games and had 2 rushing attempts......for the season.
That is ridiculous.
How do I fix this?
Make every QB a rushing QB?

I am playing all !30+ teams at a very macro level and therefore looking for a non-tedious solution.
ajmh

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:16 pm

Using AI coach playbooks won't put QB running plays in unless they are running QB. So you'll either need to override the coach playbooks for teams, or you'll have to mark/recruit more running QB in general. I can look at making the QB run a bit more, but the overwhelming feedback from the community is that the QB's were running too much and racking up massive negative yardage... hence the running QB flag and dual threat traits.
brooks_piggott

Postby ajmh » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:19 pm

Sorry this is something I never understood.

I am not looking for designed plays.
A lot of QB rushing yards, particularly for QB's who aren't dual threats, come from broken plays where the QB scrambles out of a collapsing pocket.
Why doesn't that happen?

I don't notice this issue in 2021 version of the game.
In that version QB's ran a bit too much (too many attempts for not enough yardage) and Dual Threats were often too successful (too many ran for over 1000 yards in a season) but it generally produced reasonable QB rushing totals (I didn't see any QB produce massive negative rushing totals).
What changed?
(I never purchased the 2022 version of the game.)

What playbooks have more QB running plays?
Do I just need to hire only Spread or Spread Hybrid OC's?
Does editing an existing OC to a Spread preference alter their existing playbook?
ajmh

Return to DDS: College Football 2023 General Discussion