Recruiting Budget - Possible issue?

Recruiting Budget - Possible issue?

Postby Kev4327 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:11 pm

I have tested this several times after noticing over the weekend. Cutting players (I never recruited) that will never see the field is causing my recruiting budget to decrease instead of increasing or just staying the same. Is this supposed to happen?

Also, a teams recruiting budget is it's recruiting budget in the real world. A teams recruiting budget does not decrease after it get a player commitment. However, in this game whatever amount of recruiting dollars I had set on a recruit when he committed to my school goes bye, bye as in I lose those dollars from my recruiting budget.

Why does this matter? Let say I have 25 scholarships available and I have a $200k recruiting budget. I like to target a few mid-tier recruits I think will commit fairly quickly and then turn those dollars (efforts) towards targeting higher tier players with greater effort (dollars). This would be reflective of how real world recruiting works; however, we can not do that in the game because if I allocated $5k to a recruit and he commits to me quickly the money (effort) is gone from my budget and can not be re-allocated to other targets like would happen in the real world.
Kev4327

Re: Recruiting Budget - Possible issue?

Postby AKH » Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:20 pm

Both cases are working as intended.

You budget is set at the start of recruitingseason, its based on projected free scholarships for the next season, if you cut players midway through the season the budget wont be adjusted.

It is also the intention that money allocated to a player is locked when he commits to you (if he commits to someone else your money is free up), this makes for toughe decisions when you do recruiting.
AKH

Postby markprior22 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:16 pm

One thing I've noticed in regard to recruiting $. If you decide you don't want to pursue a player, game sometimes won't let you remove recruiting points until you go to another screen and come back to recruiting screen. Sometimes it works fine.
markprior22

Postby Kev4327 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:44 pm

If I choose to not offer a scholarship because I am trying to re-balance a roster (called class balance) and the game automatically recruits a player and assigns that roster spot to a player...my recruiting budget the following season is based on fewer scholarships being available despite the fact I did not even want the player that was assigned. Now we snowball effect the situation by reducing my recruiting budget when I cut said player that I never recruited and never offered a scholly.

And Yes! My recruiting budget is getting decreased when I cut said player from the roster and I find it rather hard to think that is supposed to happen. I would prefer getting a few extra recruiting dollars but can understand/accept the budget not changing at all. But my recruiting dollars going down is why I posted the question.
Kev4327

Postby AKH » Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:18 pm

just cut people before the redshirt phase before the budgets are set.
AKH

Return to DDS: College Football 2023 General Discussion