Black screen blug stiill in full release

Black screen blug stiill in full release

Postby tyronethecalzone » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:03 pm

Everytime I go to a new screen there is a black screen from 10 seconds to 10 minutes, I never had a black screen pop up in previous versions, and even tested previous versions with my new pc and they worked normally. It's unplayable.
Intel core 12700k, RTX 3090, 32 GB 3600mhz ram, 2 TB SSD
Dynasties:
Kentucky the lost team in the SEC
tyronethecalzone

Re: Black screen blug stiill in full release

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:10 pm

I would double check the things in the troubleshooting guide. It sounds to me like there is some internet/norton/mcafee/etc. program that is blocking CF23 where CF22 was not triggered or has exceptions on it already. It could also be your CF23 install has settings or other conflicts with your new PC that your CF22 install didn't. Do you have another PC to test it on? I haven't seen this issue reported yet either in beta or first access, but if anyone else is running into it let me know.

The CF23 code base is still based on the same .net/AU framework as CF22 so I'm not aware of anything there that could trigger this.

https://wolverinestudios.freshdesk.com/ ... leshooting
brooks_piggott

Postby tyronethecalzone » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:56 am

Brooks_Piggott wrote:I would double check the things in the troubleshooting guide. It sounds to me like there is some internet/norton/mcafee/etc. program that is blocking CF23 where CF22 was not triggered or has exceptions on it already. It could also be your CF23 install has settings or other conflicts with your new PC that your CF22 install didn't. Do you have another PC to test it on? I haven't seen this issue reported yet either in beta or first access, but if anyone else is running into it let me know.

The CF23 code base is still based on the same .net/AU framework as CF22 so I'm not aware of anything there that could trigger this.

https://wolverinestudios.freshdesk.com/ ... leshooting

Reading into some things it looks like the game needs updated/is conflicting with the newest generation intel CPUS (which I have) which have efficiency cores, and performance cores.
The issues seems to arise mostly when I do the settings I usually do
Starting in 1998 with two team playoff selected
Or starting in 2022 with 4 team, it works the whole season then stays on the black screen during awards.
Dynasties:
tyronethecalzone

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:39 pm

As far as I know there are no changes to this that would work in CF22 and not work in CF23. The framework and underpinnings are the same. But if you are able to reproduce it with the same league .bin file every time then send me the .bin file and I can take a look. But we do need specifics... in your post you said every time you go to a new screen you get a black screen for 10 seconds to 10 minutes, but in this recent post you say it happens during Awards. If it's always happening at the Awards section and for specific leagues then that's something I can debug your files and check and most likely isn't related to the 12th gen processor. Also, there can be a long delay when flipping over the season between end and being new year where it generates recruits and generates a schedule. In some cases the game will get into loops trying to generate unique kid names, so if you have modded names files this could cause issues. In other cases the schedules generated could get stuck in loops too where it can't find a valid schedule. Again most of the time this is related to mods or custom schedules. I would double check those areas as well.
brooks_piggott

Postby tyronethecalzone » Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:31 am

Brooks_Piggott wrote:As far as I know there are no changes to this that would work in CF22 and not work in CF23. The framework and underpinnings are the same. But if you are able to reproduce it with the same league .bin file every time then send me the .bin file and I can take a look. But we do need specifics... in your post you said every time you go to a new screen you get a black screen for 10 seconds to 10 minutes, but in this recent post you say it happens during Awards. If it's always happening at the Awards section and for specific leagues then that's something I can debug your files and check and most likely isn't related to the 12th gen processor. Also, there can be a long delay when flipping over the season between end and being new year where it generates recruits and generates a schedule. In some cases the game will get into loops trying to generate unique kid names, so if you have modded names files this could cause issues. In other cases the schedules generated could get stuck in loops too where it can't find a valid schedule. Again most of the time this is related to mods or custom schedules. I would double check those areas as well.

I can send you the bin for the 2 separate setups. I tested with and without The real world mod, Same issue. What email should I send it to?
Dynasties:
tyronethecalzone

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:43 am

tyronethecalzone wrote:
Brooks_Piggott wrote:As far as I know there are no changes to this that would work in CF22 and not work in CF23. The framework and underpinnings are the same. But if you are able to reproduce it with the same league .bin file every time then send me the .bin file and I can take a look. But we do need specifics... in your post you said every time you go to a new screen you get a black screen for 10 seconds to 10 minutes, but in this recent post you say it happens during Awards. If it's always happening at the Awards section and for specific leagues then that's something I can debug your files and check and most likely isn't related to the 12th gen processor. Also, there can be a long delay when flipping over the season between end and being new year where it generates recruits and generates a schedule. In some cases the game will get into loops trying to generate unique kid names, so if you have modded names files this could cause issues. In other cases the schedules generated could get stuck in loops too where it can't find a valid schedule. Again most of the time this is related to mods or custom schedules. I would double check those areas as well.

I can send you the bin for the 2 separate setups. I tested with and without The real world mod, Same issue. What email should I send it to?

Just wanted to confirm, did you actually perform these two steps of deleting these two folders? Have seen people have strange stuff like this and doing these two items resolved it.

2. go to: %localappdata%

Search for Wolverine_Studios and delete that folder, or the folders within (You may see a pro and/or college folder). That is the folder where the user settings are stored for the game. Deleting the files causes them to be rebuilt so it will not affect any of your leagues. In some cases these settings files can be corrupted by windows during a save... deleting them fixes the issue.

A folder similiar to:

C:\Users\<<User name>>\AppData\Local\Wolverine_Studios\Draft_Day_Sports_-_Colleg_Url_tckeacpdzi44arpm4mjaj1xeobhfvo1u

8. There are additional settings in

%localappdata%\AlchemiumUnlimited\Draft Day Sports - College Football ****

If you delete that entire folder it will reset some resolution options and may help fix the issue.

This folder:

C:\Users\<<User name>>\AppData\Local\AlchemiumUnlimited\Draft Day Sports - College Football 2023
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:21 am

tyronethecalzone wrote:

The easiest way is to open a ticket in our ticket system and attach a link to the .bin file that you put up on google docs or something. Just to clarify, every time you load up these .bin files they stop in the same place... and they're at the stage right before the issue happens, so if I load your file and click advance it will freeze? And they weren't created with the real world mod or any other mod, and if they were created with the real world mod it was using the CF23 version of it... not the CF22 version? I just want to make sure I have the reproduction steps right.
brooks_piggott

Postby tyronethecalzone » Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:56 am

slybelle1 wrote:
tyronethecalzone wrote:

Just wanted to confirm, did you actually perform these two steps of deleting these two folders? Have seen people have strange stuff like this and doing these two items resolved it.

2. go to: %localappdata%

Search for Wolverine_Studios and delete that folder, or the folders within (You may see a pro and/or college folder). That is the folder where the user settings are stored for the game. Deleting the files causes them to be rebuilt so it will not affect any of your leagues. In some cases these settings files can be corrupted by windows during a save... deleting them fixes the issue.

A folder similiar to:

C:\Users\<<User name>>\AppData\Local\Wolverine_Studios\Draft_Day_Sports_-_Colleg_Url_tckeacpdzi44arpm4mjaj1xeobhfvo1u

8. There are additional settings in

%localappdata%\AlchemiumUnlimited\Draft Day Sports - College Football ****

If you delete that entire folder it will reset some resolution options and may help fix the issue.

This folder:

C:\Users\<<User name>>\AppData\Local\AlchemiumUnlimited\Draft Day Sports - College Football 2023

I didn't do the last step, Just did it, Ran as admin, Works like a charm now!!! Thank you so much!
Dynasties:
tyronethecalzone

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:49 pm

Good to hear it was corrected....
slybelle1
Elite Member

Return to DDS: College Football 2023 General Discussion