Tackle wins Heisman

Tackle wins Heisman

Postby feedthebeast24 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:29 pm

A tackle in my save just won the Heisman with 140 pancakes. Didn't know if this was a glitch or just one of those rare occasions that's in the game?
feedthebeast24

Re: Tackle wins Heisman

Postby Sharkn20 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:36 am

feedthebeast24 wrote:A tackle in my save just won the Heisman with 140 pancakes. Didn't know if this was a glitch or just one of those rare occasions that's in the game?

That's definitely worth a Heisman, have you got a picture of his attributes?
Sharkn20

Postby bblom23 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:31 pm

Just had the same exact thing happen right after I read this. A Junior tackle from WV had 138 pancakes and won the Heisman.
bblom23

Postby bblom23 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:01 pm

That's definitely worth a Heisman, have you got a picture of his attributes?[/quote]

I'm not the one you asked, but I will share with you the tackle that won the Heisman in my save.

Adding the image wouldnt work, but here is his information.

Prospect rank was #1111 Nationally, 90th in his position, and 116th in his state. He was already there when I created the save, so idk much stock to put into those numbers.

Overall - 79
Strength - 82
Agility - 47
Intelligence - 71
Pass blocking - 70
Run blocking - 87
Endurance - 56

He ended with 138 pancakes, 1 sack allowed, and 4 missed blocks.
bblom23

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:05 pm

It's rare, but 140 pancakes gives them about the same "heisman" points as the top skill position players in the game. I can try turning it down, but I don't want to nerf it so much that it can't ever happen. I'll run some long term sims and see if it's happening more than I'd like and adjust from there.
brooks_piggott

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:11 pm

The other option is to further restrict heisman to certain positions and bring in all positions for Offensive/Defensive player of the year
brooks_piggott

Postby slybelle1 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:22 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:The other option is to further restrict heisman to certain positions and bring in all positions for Offensive/Defensive player of the year

Although not a big fan of artificial limits since anything can happen...in this case history suggests maybe there out to be tighter restrictions based on positions....although I would hate to see it never happen if the player truly does something special compared to the other players in that season.

Heisman Winners by Position
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:44 pm

I just simmed a 30 year sim and didn't see any Tackles, so I'm going to say it's rare enough for me. In order to win they need to get super high pancakes (130+) and have very few negative plays, plus a lot of team wins or championships, plus having a down year for other QB/RB/WR. So it's possible, but should be rare.
brooks_piggott

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:35 am

Brooks_Piggott wrote:I just simmed a 30 year sim and didn't see any Tackles, so I'm going to say it's rare enough for me. In order to win they need to get super high pancakes (130+) and have very few negative plays, plus a lot of team wins or championships, plus having a down year for other QB/RB/WR. So it's possible, but should be rare.

I did a sim of 87 years, basically to match the number of years the Heisman Trophy has been given out. I did see tackles win a number of times, but more what I saw is a large difference between RBs and QBs. Only 6 QBs won it over 87 years. May want to consider some tweaking in that area and still might be some room for lowering chances of tackles a bit.....just curious within the game, is it possible for defense to win it? Only happened (3) times in real life but didn't see any at all. I would think the defense would have an equal chance as positions like tackles.

slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:17 am

Yea, I think I can tweak it a bit... I think bumping KRTD and PRTD will help the WR and CB get into the mix more as well, especially if they have historic seasons doing it.
brooks_piggott

Next

Return to DDS: College Football 2023 General Discussion