How are the playoff teams selected?

How are the playoff teams selected?

Postby bblom23 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:53 pm

I set it to an 8-team playoff. in Year 2 1-7 are in the playoffs, but instead of the 8th ranked Baylor Bears (10-4), the 19th ranked Stanford Cardinal (8-5) are in the 8th playoff spot.

glitch? Or is it a selection system that I'm unfamiliar with?
bblom23

Re: How are the playoff teams selected?

Postby slybelle1 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:53 pm

bblom23 wrote:I set it to an 8-team playoff. in Year 2 1-7 are in the playoffs, but instead of the 8th ranked Baylor Bears (10-4), the 19th ranked Stanford Cardinal (8-5) are in the 8th playoff spot.

Does that conference have auto qualify for playoffs turned on? If so, then the conference championship winner would go to the playoffs regardless of their ranking and I would assume that was Stanford.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby bblom23 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:05 pm

slybelle1 wrote:
bblom23 wrote:I set it to an 8-team playoff. in Year 2 1-7 are in the playoffs, but instead of the 8th ranked Baylor Bears (10-4), the 19th ranked Stanford Cardinal (8-5) are in the 8th playoff spot.

Does that conference have auto qualify for playoffs turned on? If so, then the conference championship winner would go to the playoffs regardless of their ranking and I would assume that was Stanford.

They did, and it was set to have their conference auto-qualify. I wasn't aware that was even a setting. I appreciate the help. I'll be sure to turn that off for all conferences.
bblom23

Postby slybelle1 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:17 pm

bblom23 wrote:
slybelle1 wrote:

They did, and it was set to have their conference auto-qualify. I wasn't aware that was even a setting. I appreciate the help. I'll be sure to turn that off for all conferences.

New feature this year and by default some of the conferences are turned on. I just posted an update to my real world mod to turn that off for all conferences by default since I suspect most people aren't aware and/or may not agree with it being turned on by default. If people aren't using the real world mod then having some conferences turned on will still happen.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Return to DDS: College Football 2023 General Discussion