Formation usage

Formation usage

Postby markprior22 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:02 pm

Is there a way to remove or zero out a formation so it isn't used? The main thing for me is to not use 3-4. Want to use 4-3 only as base defense. Is there a way to make that happen?
markprior22

Re: Formation usage

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:46 pm

You'd have to set up custom playbooks that didn't include 3-4 defense plays in them. Otherwise the coaches tend to mix and match across formations... just weighted towards their preferences.
brooks_piggott

Re: Formation usage

Postby JDB » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:14 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:You'd have to set up custom playbooks that didn't include 3-4 defense plays in them. Otherwise the coaches tend to mix and match across formations... just weighted towards their preferences.

I've noticed when you use custom playbooks to control team's formation usage, it seems to hinder teams somewhat. There are a lot of real life coaches who will run their whole offense/defense mostly out of one formation and will adjust with the right personnel and occasionally making exceptions depending on what their opponents are doing against them. I think the edit options we have currently for coaches are fine, but could we please have an option added to assign them preferences for each formation?
JDB

Return to DDS: College Football 2023 General Discussion