Internal Hires - Scheme Logic

Internal Hires - Scheme Logic

Postby Roy432 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:54 pm

Loving the game. Just purchased it and it scratches my CFB Manager itch very well. Haven't played enough over a long weekend to have too many suggestions but one obvious (and probably relatively easy to implement) one regards internal hires logic.

It would make sense that, if you already have a head coach, that the internal hire default for an OC or DC would mimic the HC's system preferences. It just doesn't make a ton of sense for an internal hire of an HC to default outside his own system. Like, Lincoln Riley would never hire a smash mouth OC at USC. Saban would never hire a DC that didn't rely on quarters matching techniques. Just a thought.

With that said, I don't know what synergies exist for mirrored systems between HC/DC/OC but it could be something to look into if it doesn't. There could be treeing for options to choose a coach outside the HC's system which could increase certain ratings but hurt you with the HC's loyalty and such.

Also, I absolutely caught an SZD naming logic reference in a generated coach name. No way that was completely coincidental. Loving it all so far!
Roy432

Re: Internal Hires - Scheme Logic

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:34 pm

The preferences of the coaches go into how they construct their strategies and playbooks, so it's not a problem if they all have different preferences. The CPU tends to use the head coach for most stuff, but players can kind of pick and choose so if their head coach has a preference that doesn't work for you but the OC does, it makes sense to have them calling plays and setting strategy and the head coach becomes more of a head recruiter. Over time I expect the top teams to poach the best coaches from lower teams but eventually some teams will have to hire internally ( think of internal hires as coaches from FCS schools, could be position coaches, etc.)
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: College Football 2023 General Discussion