Redshirts

Redshirts

Postby markprior22 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:13 am

In assigning redshirts, I'm running across several players without redshirt button. Release is the only option. A couple I've seen this morning are true freshmen but can't redshirt. It's also not an issue with position minimums. Are there cases IRL where players can't be redshirted?

EDIT-this may be more of a game issue. I just realized that the assign RS period was at the end of the season. After going past RS, advance to new season was the next option. Setting redshirts is only done shortly after "start new season", correct? If so, I don't know how the sequence got screwed up. This is season 3 I've played in this particular save. I'll make a ticket and send file.

EDIT 2-Support won't allow me to attach .bin file due to size. Tried compressing but that didn't help. Any ideas?
markprior22

Re: Redshirts

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:01 pm

Redshirts are assigned at the end of the season now and can be applied to any player who's been in 4 or less games.
brooks_piggott

Postby TheNJHammer » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:47 am

You should be able to redshirt at the beginning of the season (including new recruits) instead of at the end.
TheNJHammer

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:52 pm

Based on feedback from the community the redshirts are done at the end of the season since it's all based on number of games played now. If you want to redshirt a player you basically don't play them, or you play then in only a couple of games at the end of the season to see how they would perform.
brooks_piggott

Postby bigpoppa85 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:11 am

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Based on feedback from the community the redshirts are done at the end of the season since it's all based on number of games played now. If you want to redshirt a player you basically don't play them, or you play then in only a couple of games at the end of the season to see how they would perform.

Yes. This was a good addition. If you want to make sure a player redshirts, remove him from all of the depth charts.

I love that we can play a guy a few games and still RS him. Just like in real life.

For example, I have a JR starting QB. He played nearly the whole season. But he was hurt one game and the Freshmqn backup got in. Freshman backup also got in some mop up duty. But not enough to go over limit. So, like real life, he got action but preserved Rs.
bigpoppa85

Return to DDS: College Football 2023 General Discussion