Position Skill - DDSCF23 Dinasty series

Position Skill - DDSCF23 Dinasty series

Postby Sharkn20 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:41 am

Absolutely love that you created a Dinasty series in Youtube where we can meet the game and play along You guys.

But, always a but, right?

It is my understanding that Position Skill is how good the player is playing in the position, however in the Dinasty series, seems that he thinks that is how developed is the player instead.

So who is right?

1) A player with 33 position skill, has a long way to learn the position and this is independent from his own development (Attributes)

2) A player with 33 position skill is developed at 33% and has plenty to grow in his attributes?
Sharkn20

Re: Position Skill - DDSCF23 Dinasty series

Postby AKH » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:22 pm

1) is right
AKH

Postby Sharkn20 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:29 pm

AKH wrote:1) is right

Thanks, I thought so, someone let the man in Youtube know!! :)
Sharkn20

Postby 23Zone » Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:08 am

I have a further question about overall skill. If I have a QB with an overall skill of 73 and one who has an overall skill of 57 but the second one has slightly better arm, accuracy and intelligence ( about 8 points total across all 3 of those categories) am I better off to start the first QB? Is the overall skill more important than the other categories or are all things about equal? Either way maybe I should start the first QB since 15 more overall skill beats the 8 total in those categories but I am trying to figure out if overall skill has any extra weight.
23Zone

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:42 am

Just to clarify there is no "overall" skill. Skills are ratings for each position. Overall is a rating that is a combination of all ratings and skills. I'm pretty sure you mean just skill, but didn't want people getting confused.

Attributes are more important than skills for the most part, but there are limits. I don't think I'd be starting someone with 25 skill unless they were a project player I was ramping up for a season or two. A 57 skill player probably isn't going to have issues at the position, but they won't get any boosts for being highly skilled either. If you have a 99 skill player it's a different story. But the example you gave I think skill is close enough I would still prioritize attributes. Only true way to know is to play both of them and see how they perform if they're that close in ratings.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: College Football 2023 General Discussion