Two Issues

Two Issues

Postby Around_World_Sports » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:17 pm

Evening,

Overall, I am having a lot of fun playing the new version. That being said, there are two issues that I've noticed.

First one isn't a huge deal, but the highlights only work about half the time. When you click "next", sometimes it shows the whole highlight, sometimes it shows the start of the highlight then stops, other times, it shows nothing and just moves to the next one.

The other one is a bit more important (I think). I have a save going with Illinois over on GM Games (Shameless plug), and in every game, anywhere from 8-13 players are getting carries. I have had backfield by committee on and off. I've checked my depth charts, and strategies and I can't figure out a reason why. In every game, 3-4 WR's and at least 1 TE are getting running stats. Obviously they aren't very good at it so it is affecting the end results for me as in most games, it's 15-20 carries for 30-40 yards.

If there's any additional information you need from me, please let me know. Happy to help and keep up the great work!
Around_World_Sports

Re: Two Issues

Postby tbrtb » Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:25 pm

anywhere from 8-13 players are getting carries

I've just started playing as well, but I bet this may simply be a playbook thing. If you have a lot of jet sweeps, end arounds, etc, in your playbook, those folks are going to get carries.

Try dialing back (or removing completely) those types of plays and see if that does the trick
tbrtb

Postby markprior22 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:19 pm

So to really address this, you need to set up new offensive/defensive depth charts. Then only put 1 RB in the depth chart. He will get most, if not all, carries. Sure would be nice to be able to assign % of snaps for each player.
markprior22

Postby Around_World_Sports » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:06 pm

tbrtb wrote:
anywhere from 8-13 players are getting carries

I've just started playing as well, but I bet this may simply be a playbook thing. If you have a lot of jet sweeps, end arounds, etc, in your playbook, those folks are going to get carries.

Try dialing back (or removing completely) those types of plays and see if that does the trick

This is a great idea, I will take a look. Thanks!
Around_World_Sports

Return to DDS: College Football 2023 General Discussion