Game Suddenly running slow and using all available CPU Space

Game Suddenly running slow and using all available CPU Space

Postby Billdozer » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:38 pm

I might submit a support ticket but wanted to check here first.
Starting this morning my game suddenly started running very slowly. It did not freeze but it was extremely slow.

I checked Task manager and the game was taking up all available RAM space. Normally, my RAM in use increases by about 10% running the game.
The same thing happened when I tried again in the late afternoon. I have not changed any settings or updated anything in the game or on my laptop.

I figured this out. My game had not synced. I did not really intentionally choose to put the save file on onedrive but onedrive sometimes takes over. I am not an expert on how to set up settings on onedrive.
Billdozer

Re: Game Suddenly running slow and using all available CPU S

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:47 pm

Yea, at some point Windows used to have Documents and OneDrive Documents as two different folders and they changed it so the default one is under OneDrive. It's nice because you get your save games in the cloud, but it does cause a lot of syncing issues if onedrive is trying to upload while you're playing. I would suggest either removing the folder from onedrive so it never syncs and putting it back under your users\documents folder, or possibly pausing one drive temporarily while you play. On my PC I still have 2 documents folders... one synced with onedrive and one I keep local but I have no idea how I got it set up that way... may require some google searching if you want to go that route.
brooks_piggott

Postby Billdozer » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:26 pm

Thanks for the response and information. I normally close out everything I can when playing games in order to maximize available RAM. Since this issue appeared, I have been playing this game with onedrive open in the background. I also wait for it upload and sync when I periodically save. It seem to be working well and the game has been running great.

If I want to take the files off of onedrive eventually, can I just copy the files over to somewhere else?
Billdozer

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:20 pm

I honestly don't remember how I did it. It was probably something like the article before where I just changed the documents folder location to users\yourname\documents instead of the onedrive folder.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/top ... 566fc3b10b
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: College Football 2023 General Discussion