Custom playcalling bug? Selections not saving

Custom playcalling bug? Selections not saving

Postby tbrtb » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:16 pm

Hi, I've been trying to update my playcalling but something is going wrong. Somehow, on offense, I have my 1st and 10 and 1st and short as my custom playbook, then the rest as my HC. Same for defense, except that only 1st and 10 is my custom.

I'll change them all to custom playbook, goto another screen then come back, and it is back to the setting described above.

Does that make sense? How can I get all scenarios to my custom playbook?
tbrtb

Re: Custom playcalling bug? Selections not saving

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:21 pm

I'm not able to recreate this issue. I have a career league, I create a custom playbook, add plays until it's valid, then go into play calling, set my playcaller to custom, and then set various scenarios to My Playbook. I'm able to navigate around to other team screens and league screens and go back and it seems fine.

I would make sure you have a human owned team as well as a valid playbook... could be it's picking up something invalid and the CPU it resetting it.
brooks_piggott

Postby tbrtb » Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:25 am

Yeah, it definitely seems weird. Would there be a reason I'd be able to use a playbook in some situations but not others? Or are there any logs I could look at to see where an error may be occurring?
tbrtb

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:45 am

When you create the playbook there is a Valid: Yes/No in the custom playbook screen. Maybe that's it? Otherwise we may have to see if anyone else is having this issue and give me some examples or .bin files I can debug.
brooks_piggott

Postby tbrtb » Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:03 pm

But I can use it in some situations already, so it must be valid, right? Is there any way to deactivate the HC or OC playbooks?
tbrtb

Postby tbrtb » Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:09 pm

Gracious, I think I figured it out. When I was choosing my custom playbook, I would select the first one with my mouse, then do <tab> <tab> "D" (first letter of custom playbook). It was only saving ones where I clicked the selection, not ones where I selected it via keyboard. I wasn't hitting enter, just tab-tab-letter.

So all good!
tbrtb

Return to DDS: College Football 2023 General Discussion