Adding Blitzes to Custom Defensive Playbook

Adding Blitzes to Custom Defensive Playbook

Postby 23Zone » Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:58 pm

I have been trying to add the in game blitzes like 4-3 Nails to my custom playbook but it is always rejected as invalid. I have tried the obvious D43,43B Nails,1 but it rejects it. I tried a bunch of other combinations but none of them worked. When I look at the Plays.xml file it appears as if the blitz plays are a lot different in how they are set up from the standard defenses. Is there something specific I need to do to add them to my playbook?

I am trying to achieve what the game suggests in the pop up help on the play calling setup screen where it mentions that if you set the blitz weight to 0 it will use the blitzes in your playbook.... but I can't add any to my playbook.

One reason I am trying to do this is because I play out most of my games but I Sim some of them. I have noticed that when I Sim it will use more blitzes and varied ones. When I play out the games there no blitzes suggested and I have to search through the blitzes to call one instead of looking in my custom playbook. I would love it if I could add blitzes to my custom playbook and give them weight so they will be suggested while playing the game out. Then if I need to I can also just search my playbook for the ones I want to call. Hope all of that makes sense...
23Zone

Re: Adding Blitzes to Custom Defensive Playbook

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:15 pm

The "blitz" plays are internal to their own playbook so when the game or your strategy determines you want to blitz it picks one from the list. If you're calling plays you can see the internal blitz playbook, and when the game sims it uses it as well.
brooks_piggott

Postby 23Zone » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:43 am

Thanks Brooks... one thing though... when I am playing out a game in real time it never suggests those blitz plays in the blitz playbook just the defensive plays in my custom playbook.... that is intentional?

I have my defense blitz settings in the strategy screen set fairly high and when I sim a game it blitzes fairly often but it never suggests them when I manually play a game. It would be nice if it did just like it does when a game is simmed and suggest blitzes from the blitz playbook in a manual game. I like to play out my games but I allow the plays to be called by the game unless I disagree with them... about 1/4 of the time I disagree. But I keep working on my playbook to try to get it closer to what I want. Its fun.... thanks for what you have created.
23Zone

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:24 pm

The coach selects a play first, then they evaluate if they need to blitz and if so switch to a blitz play. What you see when playing the games out is that initial play.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: College Football 2023 General Discussion