Spread triple option

Spread triple option

Postby Huston » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:18 pm

Are there any triple option spread concepts or triple option concepts at all outside of wishbone? Was considering a spread triple option ie Jamey Chadwell at Coastal
Huston

Re: Spread triple option

Postby BradS » Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:18 am

Is there any logic where the QB reads how the defense lines up and after snap and reads what the defensive end is doing etc?? Fullback and the dive play is big part of the triple option, keeps defense honest. I don't believe this logic is in the game. I can't get the game to replicate it.
BradS

Postby JDB » Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:55 pm

I would like to know this as well. It appears we can create the positioning and the routes for option plays and we can set the ball distribution to 50-50 or 33-33-33 in the case of the triple option. But what ultimately determines where the ball goes? Does the QB make the decision based on what the defense is doing, or is it completely random?
JDB

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:49 pm

If you want to set your own percentages you can set different targets when creating the play. A run play with 3 different players with pct assigned will follow those percentages for the most part.

The in-game "option" plays are internal and use different logic to determine whether the QB keeps or pitches... some use reads, some use attributes, some are random depending on different checks made.
brooks_piggott

Postby JDB » Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:33 am

Brooks_Piggott wrote:If you want to set your own percentages you can set different targets when creating the play. A run play with 3 different players with pct assigned will follow those percentages for the most part.

The in-game "option" plays are internal and use different logic to determine whether the QB keeps or pitches... some use reads, some use attributes, some are random depending on different checks made.

I see. Could we please have this logic made available to us to use in custom plays?
JDB

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:58 am

I'm not sure I understand... if you want a 50/50 or a 33/33/33 then you just set up your targets with those percentages. That's already available.

If you want the AI logic to make decisions instead of a straight pct then you call an in-game RPO or Option play.

Can't really do both.
brooks_piggott

Postby JDB » Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:30 pm

I was talking about when creating offensive custom plays. The play creator doesn't appear to have an option to use RPO or to make them option plays
JDB

Return to DDS: College Football 2023 General Discussion