possible bug with budgets? and question about head coach

possible bug with budgets? and question about head coach

Postby garrett » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:36 pm

ive been playing the demo the last few days and really like it but ran into what might be bugs with regard to budgets.

1. the scouting budget in recruiting. the game let's me go into minus budget for this but only with interviews. the game will not let me go below zero at all in the scout spend column. but limitless interviews it will let me.
is this intended? if so are there consequences i haven't run into in the demo or what. limitless interview ability is a pretty big exploit. this is in the demo when i play kansas. all default settings

2. staff budget. when i go into season 2 and do staffing stuff as a low prestige team it lets me hire awesome coaches and let's me go way over budget with them. is this intended? if so are there consequences or what?
again playing on demo
are these things the full nondemo game is letting the player do?

my question about the head coach i create. do there skills and ratings develop over time like players or what?

really enjoying the demo but really curious about those things.

thanks garrett
garrett

Re: possible bug with budgets? and question about head coach

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:40 pm

Thanks for the interview info... I've fixed that for a future patch.

The coach one I'll have to look into further... the coaches shouldn't be signing if it puts you over budget.
brooks_piggott

Postby garrett » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:51 pm

i just tried the coaching one again and the oc was worth 5mil and the dc was worth 5 mil and my head coach 4 mil. my staff budget is only 11mil and they both said thank you for the offer and they accept.

now on the staff screen it says budget 11m and salaries 14mil and they are listed as my current staff. it doesn't let me put anything into scout and academics from that though but it's letting me keep the coaches.

i only got as far as past all the staff hiring stages. will it block me from doing that later on or what?
garrett

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:50 pm

Looks like it's a typo on the sign staff screen where it always reads 11M. If you go to your team dashboard I'm guessing your budget is higher than 11M.
brooks_piggott

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:14 pm

That being said, it still looks like it isn't working right so I'll tweak so you can't make offers that exceed your budget.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: College Football 2023 General Discussion