Adding more teams to an existing league

Adding more teams to an existing league

Postby natedawg80 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:01 pm

With the news of 10 FCS teams possibly joining the FBS, is there a way to add teams to an existing season? I've been running a custom league that has completed 5 seasons and would like to add more teams. Is this possible without deleting history, rosters, etc?
natedawg80

Re: Adding more teams to an existing league

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:51 pm

No, would have to be something we add in the future. If you start a new league with a bunch of extra independents, etc. then you could make it work, but there isn't a way currently to create a team on the fly.
brooks_piggott

Postby JDB » Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:17 am

This is my top ‘new feature request’ for DDSCF 24
JDB

Postby WarEagle13 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:14 am

I also would love to see this…but also at some point starting new season to allow or change teams in conference (without it having to be a swap). The swapping isn’t very realistic with all the conference movements going on etc

Would really love to be able to keep an existing save from multiple years and adjust accordingly to the new landscapes etc. without losing history
WarEagle13

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:27 pm

You can realign already in between seasons. You change the conference formats and move teams around as necessary. There may be some issues with extreme realignment options... we didn't really test all permutations of it, but it's worth trying out.

I agree having the ability to seed new teams should be high up on our list for next version. I'm also going to look at creating a path where you can create a league and immediately go into realignment so you don't have to burn a whole season before using it.
brooks_piggott

Postby truebatman » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:30 pm

I got a question along these lines, I'm close to starting my NCAA world, are you able to take a conference without divisions and split it into divisions? I know how to do it, I just wonder before I do it if anyone knows if the game accepts it or will it do an error or something like that??
Thank you so much!
truebatman

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:10 pm

If you're full custom you can do 2 divisions in a custom league format and it should work fine.

If you do realignment inside the game there are several conference formats that have 2 divisions already but they're locked to what's in the game... you can't modify them further.
brooks_piggott

Postby truebatman » Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:59 pm

Awsome, Thanks Brooks!
truebatman

Return to DDS: College Football 2023 General Discussion