Real World College Player Names?

Real World College Player Names?

Postby TexAgs75 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:43 pm

Is there a mod that exists with the real world names of all the college teams? Thanks.
TexAgs75

Re: Real World College Player Names?

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:05 pm

brooks_piggott

Postby TexAgs75 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:54 pm

Can someone explain how to get this coding into your game. I never heard of a .json file, and definitely do not know how to use one, or where to place it. I am skeptical on actually using this without any direction. Can someone help that has used the file? Thanks-Appreciate it.
TexAgs75

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:02 pm

Json is a text file (open it in notepad) that uses a different syntax than XML, but in general it works the same way.

There is a converter in the mod forum as well that converts from .csv (we suggest using notepad since excel can affect the format if you're not careful). Typically people will export the file from the game (which is json) then convert it into CSV and edit it, then convert it back, and then import it into the game or use it to seed a new league.
brooks_piggott

Postby TexAgs75 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:34 pm

Man, sounds a bit complicated. Where is the .json file that the game uses (presently)? The only one I see, is a file inside my saved league called "linked,json". So you can not just take this .json file from the download you provided and just replace that download with the file in the game (wherever that is)? This might be too much for me to attempt. I do not want to ruin my game. Thanks for all your help.
TexAgs75

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:24 am

If you're in an existing league you can edit any player or team via the game. If you just want to run reports or databases you can export the data to CSV/Access to analyze it outside the game. If you want to mass edit players you can do that in the options/configuration screens.

The json files are when you export/import players or coaches so that you can mass edit them outside of the league and then either import them back in or start a new league with them.

So basically you'll only ever deal with json files if you're attempting to create mods or custom rosters.
brooks_piggott

Postby TexAgs75 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:27 pm

My goal was to just play the game in solitaire mode having all the players in my league with real player names. That is all I was hoping to do. Since my expertise, and even understanding everything you are telling me is limited I think I should just forget about this. I know how to edit each player individually, and I have edited my favorite team, but editing every individual player for all of the teams is a task too monumental. I will just hope there is a clearer, easier way to accomplish this at some point, so people with limited skills in this area can enjoy the results.

I appreciate all your help and trying to assist me.
-TexAgs75
TexAgs75

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:27 pm

I don't think we can get any easier than a CSV file for that. But still, doing 11,000 players by hand isn't very realistic. You'd have to join in on the mod forum and see if you can get a few people all to take on a few teams to split up the work.
brooks_piggott

Postby Invisible Witness » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:19 am

TexAgs75 wrote:My goal was to just play the game in solitaire mode having all the players in my league with real player names. That is all I was hoping to do. Since my expertise, and even understanding everything you are telling me is limited I think I should just forget about this. I know how to edit each player individually, and I have edited my favorite team, but editing every individual player for all of the teams is a task too monumental. I will just hope there is a clearer, easier way to accomplish this at some point, so people with limited skills in this area can enjoy the results.

I appreciate all your help and trying to assist me.
-TexAgs75

First thing first get this converter from:
viewtopic.php?f=285&t=30102
Now take that json file that you downloaded from college mods forum and convert(with this converter) to CSV file. Now open that CSV file with Excel and you are good to go. You can edit all you want then save that file and using converter again you have to convert it back to json file. So now you have edited by You json file. Upon creating new league it will ask you what rosters you wanna use (default or custom created ones). Select the latter and location of that file from your computer. That's it.
That json file it does look scary at first but once it gets converted you'll enjoy spending time with it:)
Send me PM if you wanna go over this step by step.
Invisible Witness

Return to DDS: College Football 2023 General Discussion