Hidden teams offering scholarships

Hidden teams offering scholarships

Postby frankinho » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:44 pm

I think you should see all teams that are offering scholarships to a recruit by default. It just adds an uneccesary level of difficulty and it also doesn't make sense from an immersion perspective and as it relates to real life. In this day and age with all recruiting services and social media, everyone knows which teams are offering to recruits. This should be no.1 change for the next update.
frankinho

Re: Hidden teams offering scholarships

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:23 pm

Nah, there could be dozens of schools offering scholarships, so we just show the top ones that are most likely to sign the recruit. Not planning on changing this behavior.
brooks_piggott

Postby frankinho » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:59 pm

I'm fine with just showing the top ones, what i'm saying is that all teams offering should be revealed by default and not hidden - this makes no sense. If i'm Georgia Southern there's a difference if i'm competing against JMU or USC and having to reveal this information through asigning points is just a waste of time IMO.
frankinho

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:57 pm

The recruited by isn't hidden... it's shown for all recruits, but only if a team hits a certain threshold of interest. So of 15-17 offers the kid may only be taking 1-2 of them seriously in the beginning and as the recruiting process goes on more teams get added to their list.
brooks_piggott

Postby frankinho » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:14 pm

Ah ok i didn't know that was the logic behind it, thanks for the clarification Brooks. So basically let's say Bama, Michigan and Clemson all offer in wk1 but recruit doesn't have enough interest in any of the schools it will still show as BLANK under "recruited by". If by week 3 the recruit builds enough interest in Bama but not in Michigan and Clemson it will only show Bama under "Recruited by", is that how it works?
I think it would still be beneficial to show a list of top 5 (highest prestige schools) offers as soon as they are offered to know straight away if i'm competing against higher prestige school so i can decide whether to continue recruiting the kid or just turn my focus elsewhere. One way would simply be to add another area called "Offers" under "Recruited by" and list max top 5 offering schools. I would also then suggest to rename "Recruited by" into > "Has interest in".
frankinho

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:00 pm

Yea, that's how it works. We don't list all schools that give offers... only the ones the kid is interested in. Those are the ones you're competing with. We won't show all offers. Gotta keep some of the info hidden just to give schools a chance to recruit kids other teams may not be looking at. I wouldn't want other teams knowing who all I'm talking to.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: College Football 2023 General Discussion