Questions about Customization

Questions about Customization

Postby BeardyBennett » Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:41 pm

Question about the CFB Game

I'm considering getting this college football game as I have my own set of college teams that I'd love to put into a game. I have a few questions about this game though.

1) I have 121 fictional teams of mine across 10 fictional conferences. Am I able to customize the teams/conferences and put my 121 into the game, and have them all be properly scheduled and run through seasons?

2) Can I control/watch every team, or am I only limited to one or a handful?

3) How easy is it to customize teams? Is it as simple as just uploading logos and picking colors? Can rosters be randomized or does every player need to be individually created?

Appreciate any insights, I have been struggling to find answers online.
BeardyBennett

Re: Questions about Customization

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:24 pm

For #1 you should be able to take the existing teams.xml and just swap out names, locations, logos, etc. That will give you too many teams at first, but would still allow for you to use in-game scheduling. Or if you don't want to deal with modding an xml file you can just edit each team manually in-game. Then Sim forward a season and before starting the new season do a "Realignment" in-game that will allow you to swap to whatever conference alignment you were shooting for.

For #2 you can control every team if you use a Sandbox league. If you want a locked down single player mode you would pick Career.

For #3 there are lot of customization options in game under team info. If you don't want to do it manually you can use a custom modded Teams.xml file. See viewforum.php?f=268 for examples other people have done. The rosters are all randomized players, so no matter what you use to create the league you'll have players automatically generated.
brooks_piggott

Postby BeardyBennett » Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:37 pm

Wow okay that actually sounds kind of perfect. Is it possible to remove teams to just get down to that 121, or would I still have those extras? Can I set up schedules to where I can avoid those extras?
BeardyBennett

Postby BeardyBennett » Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:05 pm

Also when I customize teams in-game, am I able to upload logos or does that involve messing with .xml files? I'm hoping the former lol
BeardyBennett

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:40 am

Customizing in game allows you to upload images. And realigning during the offseason allows you to just leave out teams that you don't need, or drop them in independents if you may want to use them to expand later.

You should be able to download a free demo and check out the league options and the team info screens.
brooks_piggott

Postby RedSox04071318 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:07 am

Can you tell me how to move teams? I just started a new game of 23 after several seasons of 19. But I can't see where to move the teams that will be playing elsewhere this season (especially the AA and CUSA)
RedSox04071318

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:31 pm

In between seasons you can go into league options in the upper left menu bar, then league format, then realign there.
brooks_piggott

Postby RedSox04071318 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:12 pm

So I have to play out a season first? I can't alter the NCAA BEFORE playing a single game?
RedSox04071318

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:03 pm

Unfortunately no, when creating a new league it starts at a point after all of the teams, rosters, schedules, etc. have been created. If you want to start a new game with everything already set up you'd have to go the mod route.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: College Football 2023 General Discussion