Some early Questions

Some early Questions

Postby StanleyR » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:21 am

I confess I haven't bought the game the last 2-3 years so some things might already be in the game.

First a wonder if plays like Jet Sweeps are in now. Some programming glitch in the past (Brooks telling it back then) that broke the game might have been ironed out.
All those plays with a fast WR (like Deebo Samuel) is used more and more these days. Even more so in College. I do hope the game can create a fictional player like Deebo and then whatever AI coach gets hold of him can use him in the manors real life coaches do.
In my book this is essential to have in the game (and the College game)
Perhaps it's hard to have the WR step into the backfield, as Deebo, and perform good runplays. But still that's a thing this game must develop.

Mentioning this ability of a WR subing in as a RB makes a question more towards the College game.
In those early years many players haven't focused entirely on a postion. WR try out RB but also DB and vice versa. Even QBs turns into RB or WR. This should be in the College version to exploit when recruiting or even when the years go on for a player. He might be a 3rd string QB but a starter at WR.
Of course we then got the issue of that former QB turn in a trick play often used. The WR toss for a TD (hopefully)

Another thing I saw at the Twitch feed was Energy levels.
Should that be overall ? Maybe broken down in the different positions. A WR or RB might sub in and out more often (outside packages) than an Offensive Lineman. Those big boys stay in much longer and should perhaps not have the same higher energy left to play.
If that energy level is set to sub players in and out affect the entire team it could get weird subs. Like my QB star getting a bit tired but still wants him to take snaps, while my RB gets a rest with a totally different energy level sat on him.

Now what the heck is Road to MVP ?? A version for those who got kicked out of football programs early in their youth now playing the game or what ?
I've seen this in some other sportgames and it looks ridiculous in some.
One had all the Sims way of thinking. Who you date and who you bed. What you do in your free time, who's your friends, if you got a pet.
What bothers me is that said in Twitchvideo was that it would not "disturb" the old game at all is a doubt in my mind.
Heck you are few people programming this game so every minute you spend on that Sims-version is a minute taken away from the true game.
You keep saying it's all about time on a small team but then you come up with fantasy style that might more belong to the games that go all-in on graphics.
Those games focus more if players got a tattoo on their butt than the detailed game engines. That's something for Road to MVP. "I think I get a tattoo somewhere. but will it mess with my game or make me hotter in the press conference"
Leave this type of playstyle to other games please.

I'm sure I will think up more Qs later on but let see what this stirs up

After all this is the best managergame for American style football and it's getting better I see.
:)
StanleyR

Re: Some early Questions

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:22 pm

Yes, there are sweeps and other plays in.

The depth charts can be unlocked and/or positions can be changed so you could set up packages with WR as RB or QB as WR, etc. This applies to both college and pro.

Energy levels are internal... and they are affected by various items, including ratings like endurance, traits, position, carrying the ball, blitzing, etc.

Road to MVP is an expansion on top of the play as a player feature we currently have where we give it a dedicated mode. This helps tailor the UI and workflows specifically for that mode without having those elements mixed in to other modes in the game. We are excited about evolving this mode and exploring a new playstyle.
brooks_piggott

Postby JDB » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:40 pm

Are the new plays the same sweep plays currently in the college game? Are there any new plays? I'm asking because I am trying to maintain a teams.xml that has all the plays from both games in it.
JDB

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:46 pm

I ported over a bunch of the wishbone, RPO, and motion aware plays from CF into PF.
brooks_piggott

Postby StanleyR » Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:39 am

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Yes, there are sweeps and other plays in.

The depth charts can be unlocked and/or positions can be changed so you could set up packages with WR as RB or QB as WR, etc. This applies to both college and pro.

Energy levels are internal... and they are affected by various items, including ratings like endurance, traits, position, carrying the ball, blitzing, etc.

Road to MVP is an expansion on top of the play as a player feature we currently have where we give it a dedicated mode. This helps tailor the UI and workflows specifically for that mode without having those elements mixed in to other modes in the game. We are excited about evolving this mode and exploring a new playstyle.

Thanks for clearing this up.
When was jet sweeps and end around put into the game ? I think I had a fast look in demo on last year game and didn't see any such where I could have a fast WR run a nice end-around/jet sweep.

To make the WR possible to be a future RB I hope the game creates players that got the rating for a good switch.
StanleyR

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2023 FirstAccess