Player Overalls: Real vs Fictional

Player Overalls: Real vs Fictional

Postby bblom23 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:43 pm

When I start a game with the standard roster (Real NFL players) the game starts with 30 players rated 100 Overall. When I started with fictional rosters there was just one player rated 99 overall as the highest rated player.

Also when i brought over a draft class from DDSCF there was a 3rd round QB who started at 88, and an undrafted DE at 79. The overalls from college just seem a bit high, no? Do the imported classes from DDSCF pair better with starting with real rosters? Are they on a separate scale then players generated by DDSPF? And vice versa, if I start a save with random rosters is it better to use the generated draft classes?

Admittedly this is my first time playing a pro football sim through your guys company, so maybe there is just something with the overall ratings system that I'm unfamiliar with.

Appreciate any feedback you have on this. Thank you.
bblom23

Re: Player Overalls: Real vs Fictional

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:16 pm

If you check the box on the CF import to auto adjust draftees it will bring their ratings down slightly to make things more inline. But draftees are generally pretty well rated.. just with slightly lower skill ratings to simulate the difficulty of ramping up to pro levels at a position. We do want to leave room for high draft picks in the first and second rounds being able to see the field, possibly start, and make impacts as rookies.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2023 FirstAccess