Random Questions

Random Questions

Postby NBryant » Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:03 am

First - one point for your attention. Your opening splash page for the game still shows the copyright through '21 and should be '22. I know, petty.

Questions.

Setting contract "type" for distribution. Is there a way to set a global default for what you want instead of setting each individual player? i.e is I want to primarily use a heavy back ended configuration can I set that as my default and "if" i want to do something different on an individual basis I can.

I am trying to set up both a college and NFL league that will begin a few decades back. With this in mind:

RFA. If my league begins without RFA can I implement it at a later time as I roll to a new season? Same with roster size setting, game format, etc. I am assuming the game will allow me to make those changes as the timeline progresses. Note: Future consideration - for a semi-historical league using something like this have the game prompt the player to do an auto configuration change based on the new season year. Similar to OOTP.

Is there a comprehensive outline of how the cap levels interact and what may or may not be allowed? I have created a spreadheet based off of the historical NFL cap levels and will/want to use the max levels as the setting in game for a seasons salary cap. From there I am going to have to adjust each of the related contract settings and RFA when it comes in and want to ensure they fall into what the game is expecting. Note: Future Consideration - having an option to enter a season Salary cap and have all of the other settings auto calculate.
NBryant

Re: Random Questions

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:06 am

Sorry, there is no global type to set. Each player defaults to their own "desired" contract...

RFA is a checkbox you can turn on or off depending on your league goals. You can also change league formats in between seasons to match your goals. We don't have an auto config for it... but that may be something we can add in the future.

The cap settings are kind of up to you. We have the default that we use that we think provide a realistic and competitive balance, but if you're going back in history then you'll want to adjust them to match. I suspect keeping them somewhat in line scale wise would be fine... reducing cap by 50% and then reducing max salaries by 50% and so on, but we haven't tested those kinds of scenarios. A lot also depends on the quality of players in the league and their salary demands, so I recommend getting it close and then making small adjustments year by year to get your desired results.
brooks_piggott

Re: Random Questions

Postby NBryant » Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:48 am

Thanks Brooks.

"Sorry, there is no global type to set. Each player defaults to their own "desired" contract..." Thats interesting. I undestand the premise as one tenders offers to a few players. I was looking at it for league creation but in the end it would have little impact.

For my CAP outline I just took the % of each you have set to the default CAP. From there I have used the CAP history as the base and adjusted each based off of that original %. I will have to see if the game likes this or not. I have tried something similar in the past and always got errors. I know it's not on your list but please do consider an auto config option that would allow the player to enter the CAP and have the rest adjust to it.
NBryant

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2023 FirstAccess