Additional Coach Facegens (2000 faces)

Additional Coach Facegens (2000 faces)

Postby jlemmen43 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:46 pm

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pz_gXN ... sp=sharing

Use this link to get an additional 2000 facegens that I've created to add variety to that part of the game.

IMPORTANT for Use:
- Create your league with the default faces (or at least the default file names). Note below as to why.
- Copy my faces to the folder: Coaches/Fac/ (college) or Nonplayers/Fac (Pro)
- NOTE: If you create a league with my faces already in those folders, it only will assign the default faces into the game and it'll be random, so you'll end up with a few coaches with the default faces and the rest with blank faces. Just a heads up in case you create a league and don't wanna use my faces - then you wont get these weird results.
- Export the database inside your league
- Use SQLite Editor and a spreadsheet program. Export the coach table and set your spreadsheet to use the Randomize formula to generate numbers between 2000 and 3999. Make sure the facegen photo column has the correct format (ex: fac/2012.png).
- Import your database
*** Note In the Pro Version, there's no external editing for the Coach faces, so you'll have to make all your edits within the game itself.

Please let me know if any photos don't work right. I haven't tested every single one but I've been quite systematic in making these. So hopefully no issues. I had a slight consistency problem on the early creations and that's why many of the raw photos have chunks taken out of the torso. They should work with all the clothing options regardless.

Also please let me know if you need help getting this to work.
- Jeremy
jlemmen43

Re: Additional Coach Facegens (2000 faces)

Postby ashantewarrier » Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:59 pm

Do you have additional facegens for players?
ashantewarrier

Postby jlemmen43 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:30 pm

I don't yet but that is my next project.
jlemmen43

Postby chrismarieault » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:43 am

College basketball game needs one. I wish I had a way to do them myself using NBA 2K create a player, then copying and pasting it.
chrismarieault

Postby jlemmen43 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:11 pm

chrismarieault wrote:College basketball game needs one. I wish I had a way to do them myself using NBA 2K create a player, then copying and pasting it.

That's a good strategy. I've tried doing that many years back but i got sidetracked. I'm just about ready to start this project and if anyone has any requests for a unique type of player or anything, I can try my best to make it. But I'll generally be trying to get realistic looking players as much as possible with a good variety too.
jlemmen43

Postby chrismarieault » Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:21 pm

jlemmen43 wrote:
chrismarieault wrote:College basketball game needs one. I wish I had a way to do them myself using NBA 2K create a player, then copying and pasting it.

That's a good strategy. I've tried doing that many years back but i got sidetracked. I'm just about ready to start this project and if anyone has any requests for a unique type of player or anything, I can try my best to make it. But I'll generally be trying to get realistic looking players as much as possible with a good variety too.

To get player uniformity with your project, probably create the default graphic face pack using the realistic looking players you are going for. Once that is out of the way, expand it with great variety. Especially for white players since it's really lacking.

What's missing in the default graphic face pack is players with long hair.
To expand on the faces, you can have two or more varieties of photos of every kind, one with headband, one without. One with beard, one without. One with sidebeard.

Last and not least, the international basketball players in the default graphic pics need expansion.

The default graphics face pack is only 236 in total. But imagine a universal face pack of 1,000s that could carry on for decades (granted they don't change the photo size on these games) on different pro/college bball games. That would be a dream come true, at least for people like me or you. Good luck on the project.
chrismarieault

Postby chrismarieault » Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:42 pm

Looking at the Additional Coach Facegens, exactly in that same mold. Great job.
chrismarieault

Postby jlemmen43 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:40 pm

Thanks man, I appreciate it! It will be much more fun doing the players since the faces are younger & the styles more creative.

Thank you for the photos as this will give me some ideas to add. I don't mess with real player Facegens...only fictional...in case you didn't know. I basically create a face for each fictional player in my league. But yes, the long hair is sorely needed.

I'll post a small pack when I get enough done.
jlemmen43

Postby chrismarieault » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:58 pm

jlemmen43 wrote:Thanks man, I appreciate it! It will be much more fun doing the players since the faces are younger & the styles more creative.

Thank you for the photos as this will give me some ideas to add. I don't mess with real player Facegens...only fictional...in case you didn't know. I basically create a face for each fictional player in my league. But yes, the long hair is sorely needed.

I'll post a small pack when I get enough done.

Those photos were suggestions for fictional facegens. Since the default face pac kinda lacks variety for the white players and international guys. More variety the better. Looking forward to the face pack.
chrismarieault

Postby Todd » Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:25 am

Serious?
Todd

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2023-24 Mods